Sirius loved Y/N so much, and as much as he had wanted her to come live with him, he never would have imagined something like this would happen. The Rendall's were so nice to him, they let him into their home, they told him about Y/N's childhood, and even though he had slightly resented them for having that instead of him, he never wished anything negative towards them. They took up Y/N when she needed someone to. He wasn't there, and they were. And for that, he'd be forever grateful.

Remus had come next to her, placing his hand on her shoulder gently. It pained him to see her so distraught."We're all here for you, and we're all going to try our best to make things feel normal," Remus said, his voice soft and gentle sounding. "but I'm not going to lie to you, nothing is going to take away that pain." Remus continued, pulling his hand off of her shoulder once she and Sirius had pulled back. He took Y/N's hand in between both of his, and he treated her as if she were fragile.

Even though Y/N was his goddaughter, he loved her as if she was his own daughter, and just like Harry, and Sirius, and everyone who cared about her, he hated seeing her like this, he hated seeing her hurt. "It's always going to hurt, because you're always going to love them. It won't go away, but eventually, it'll start to fade. You'll think back and you'll be able to smile at the memories. Eventually, but not right now."

Sirius brought his hands up to cup Y/N's face, using his thumb to gently wipe away a fresh tear that had fallen. "If you want to cry, and stay cooped up here, you do that. You take as much time as you need and no one will expect anything different. I'll have kreacher bring you food and you can stay with Harry, you decide who you want to see." Sirius said, his expression soft.  "but I won't have you out there pretending like nothing happened and that you're all happy. I want you to be happy, and I promise, you will get there, and we'll be here with you every step of the way."

***

In that brief moment when Sirius and Remus had gone into the room to speak with Y/N, Harry decided to give them a bit of space. 

That, and the fact that he wanted to understand what the fuck this place was. 

Earlier he had shoved back his irritation, for Y/N's sake, but now he wanted answers. 

"It's headquarters of The Order of the Phoenix, it's a secret society. Dumbledore formed it back when they first fought you-know-who."

"Dumbledore made us —" Ron began, only to be cut off by Harry.

"— swear not to tell me, to tell us," said Harry, referring to Y/N who wasn't in the room. "Yeah, Hermione's already said."

"He seemed to think it was best," said Hermione rather hesitantly. "Dumbledore, I mean."

"Right," said Harry.

"I think he thought you were both safest with the Muggles —" Ron started.

"Yeah?" said Harry, raising his eyebrows, as much as he did love spending his summer with Y/N, god had gone perfectly. Voldemort was out there, and having received no news wasn't the best approach. He and Y/N had managed to push him out of their minds for the sake of enjoying the summer and their vacation, but reality was settling in again. 

And now he was pissed. 

"Have either of you been attacked by dementors this summer?"

"Well, no — but that's why he's had people from the Order of the Phoenix tailing you all the time —"

"Didn't work that well, though, did it?" said Harry. What if they hadn't gone on vacation? The deatheaters or whoever had done that to Y/N's parents would've gotten to them.