In her distress, expulsion was the last thing she cared about.

She didn't remember how she had gotten out of the home and taken to as Remus has said "12 Grimmauld Place" 

She did remember the sight of Sirius the moment she had stepped through the door, his expression being a mix of worry yet excitement to see her. His expression dropped into a look or horror once Remus had told him what happened.

As Y/N was led to her room, aurors were sent out to investigate. 

To Harry's irritation, he found Hermione and the rest of the Weasley's all ready here, in a far off room, he had even managed to catch a glimpse of Snape.

What were they all doing here? And why hadn't they been told? 

Had it not been for the entire situation, he would've been infuriated. 

But his priority was Y/N. His own heart had broken upon the sight, the Rendall's had always been so good to him, they had treated him like he was their own family. 

As much as his own heart hurt, he couldn't imagine how it would feel for Y/N. Harry had lost his parents, he'd grown up without them and that hurt, but it was exactly that; Harry had been too young to experience grief, he didn't have a single memory of his parents. Y/N did.

Y/N grew up with her parents, she was loved by them and she loved them in return. They'd always been so close and such a perfect family. 

From one night to another, it was ripped from her.

Harry didn't know what he would do if he were in her position, the pain was unimaginable.

And for that reason, he didn't leave her side. 

***

In simple words, Y/N was a mess.

This was the first grief she had ever felt and remembered, aside from the small pet deaths like the fishes she had raised in her childhood.

She wasn't an uncontrollable sobbing mess, she had done that the moment she had seen them. 

It was different. Her eyes were red rimmed and silent tears would stream down her cheeks. 

Y/N hated crying. She hated pity, and she hated anything that had to do with people coddling and acting as if you were incapable of doing anything. 

But she couldn't help it, as much as she wanted to, the tears didn't stop. 

No matter what she did, her mind would drift back.

Her parents were dead.

Sirius had come up only a couple moments after she had stepped into the room she was given, Remus was close behind him. 

And there was that look, they pitied her. 

But she didn't mind is as much from them. 

Sirius has been the first one to hug her, his arms pulled Y/N against him, trying his best to be comforting. 

Y/N's arms tightened around Sirius, a fresh wave of tears streaming down her face. 

The warmth of a parent.

Even if she would never feel the hugs of the people she grew up with, she was beyond grateful that she had Sirius. He was her father, even if she hadn't known for the majority of her life, he was. And he acted like it.