Fresh linen, mint, and a hint of red roses D.M

Draco's POV-

The things I would do to that girl if she would just give me the time of day. I'm not quite sure why it happened, one day I noticed Y/N walking down the hall with her friends and ever since I can't seem to shake the image of her from my head, it's no question she's beautiful.

I have plenty of girls throwing themselves at me but why isn't she? I mean I am Draco Malfoy.

The witch has never even glanced in my direction and I know she knows who I am, we've had many classes together over the years and well, everyone knows who I am. I would never say it out loud but it truly bothers me that Y/N seems to be the only person in Hogwarts who doesn't care about being in my presence. It makes it much worse that I think I may even have a tiny crush on the girl. 

-

There she is, walking into our potions class right past me like I don't even exist. I have to stop myself from staring at her for most the class. The girl makes it so hard for me to concentrate and she doesn't even know it, luckily I'm godlike at potions or who knows what my marks would look like.

I'm not sure what it is about her that pulls me in so much. Y/N's easily the prettiest girl I've ever seen but I don't think that's the only thing keeping my eyes on her. She's also very kind, always smiling at every twit she comes in contact with and she seems to have this air around her that just reels you in.

"Y/L/N, since you're struggling so much you'll work with Malfoy."

Did I just hear Snape correctly?

I see her pick up her belongings and make her way over to the empty seat right next to mine. As soon as she sits down all I smell is fresh linen, mint, and a hint of red roses. She turn to look at me with a small smile on her face and stretches out her hand.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N, we've never properly met."

I look at her hand, a bit shocked at first but after a second I'm taking it into my much larger one. Her skin is soft.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" I smirk at the pretty girl in front of me.

"I know" She smiles wider. "I'm sorry in advance for how bad I am at potions." Her cheeks turn pink and she turns back towards the front, listening to the rest of Snape's instructions on our assignment. We had a week to figure out how to make Amortentia, a powerful love potion.

As the class was coming to an end Y/N turns back to me "So I was thinking we could actually start the assignment tonight? I could meet you in the library once my classes are over for the day?"

"Sounds good to me Y/L/N, I'll see you later" I wink at her and start heading to my next class.

-

Finally classes are over, all I could think about was how tonight would go and I may be slightly excited to see Y/N again. I walked to the library as quickly as possible and to my surprise she was already at the entrance looking slightly disappointed.

"Hey Y/L/N, what's with the long face?"

"It seems everyone had the same idea, there isn't a single work table open" she has the cutest little frown on her face.

"Well if you're okay with it, we could always go to my dorm. I have a private one, being a prefect and all." I like the idea of having her in my room but I wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable. She seems to think about it for a second and then shrugs her shoulders.

"Lead the way Malfoy."

Once we get to my dorm we start setting up all the different ingredients and materials we'll need on my work table. I could be imagining it but I swear I catch her glancing at me every once in a while out the corner of my eye. Not that I'm any better.