ㅤ▬▬ 𝟗.𝟏

▬▬ 𝕿he once cool azure skies started brightening the 40th floor

▬▬ 𝕿he once cool azure skies started brightening the 40th floor. The clusters of white wisps danced along with the wind whilst the sun's rays pierced the residents of the 40th floor with the cursed heat.

Regardless of how much change the sky went through in a matter of hours, the residents won't be able to notice it because they're too busy with their tasks but, Hockney will surely notice the change.

Based on how bright it was and how the temperature was increasing, it's 8 am and it must be 8 minutes until Hockney's departure. Which meant there was not enough time for Y/N to convince him, but she might as well try instead of idly standing by, than letting go of him.

"You know, I wasn't expecting to be so attached to you." The horned girl admitted; Thus letting the moment that Hockney was waiting for begin, she's finally letting her walls down.

"When I took you under my roof, I promised I'd keep my distance but my dumbass warmed up to you without realizing it."

"The more we hung out, the more I started caring for you."

"And I hate you for it." She paused as her eyes were being clouded by her sadness, followed by a small sniffle, which made the painter frown.

"I'm sorry-" His already soft expression softened further at the thought of his friend's grudge against him.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Her features twisted into anger.

Hockney wasn't surprised that she was insulting him. He's always overheard how harsh she was towards her coworkers, so her brashness wasn't even surprising at this point.

"If I hated you, then I wouldn't be nice to you like right now. I literally can take advantage of you right now, yet I'm not. So I don't hate you, okay?" She reassured, her angered expression softening as each word of admission came out of her mouth.

"If you leave right now, then all the warm feelings I had within me will dissipate the more you distance yourself from me." Her selfishness was becoming more apparent that it tore Hockney's mind into two parts; to leave or not to leave, that is the question that he needs an answer to.