Chapter 2

1 hour later:

1 hour later:

When the night drew in closer, Louis was sitting nervously on his front porch fiddling around with a lit cigarette in his trembling hands. He was slowly bringing it up to his lips, taking puffs and puffs to take all his worries away. As the warm air brushed past his knees, the sound of the crickets chirping in the tall grass besides him started to feel like a comfort; he didn't feel so alone anymore.

The gates to the house were gradually opening, as the beaming lights from a newly-bought blue sports car slowly made its way up the driveway. As a painful smile grew on Louis' face, he walked over to the car and gave a gentle knock on the window. The car's window rolled down revealing his closest friend Niall behind the wheel.

"You jumping in then?" Niall jokingly asked Louis.

"Haha yes mate, how are you? Haven't seen you in a long time!" Louis laughed as he walked around the car, opening the car door before flicking his used cigarette behind him and sitting in the passenger seat next to Niall.

"I'm alright to be honest, been a bit stressed with my uni work, but besides that i'm good. What's been going on then? Something is obviously wrong otherwise you wouldn't have called me asking to meet up." Niall worryingly asked.

"My dad is just making me literally go insane, i'm honestly so fed up of all his shit now. I can tell he knows I don't like him anymore and he uses that against me most of the time without actually saying it, almost like it's giving him a reason to beat me up y'know?" Louis said.

"Why? What's he been doing to you?" Niall asked.

"He nearly killed me earlier, I could feel myself slowly losing it. I couldn't stand up or even hold onto him to try and loosen up his grip." Louis said as he sadly chocked up and took a deep breath in and out.

"I don't even know what to say anymore man, this isn't the first time it's happened to you and I can see it's mentally and physically causing you a lot of pain. I don't even know what I can do help because everything that i've given you advice on has turned to shit and has gotten you in more trouble" Niall replied.

"It's not your fault, don't worry. i'm trying to take care of myself and move away from him at my own pace y'know?" said Louis.

"Yeah I get it, you can always stay with me in my house with me and my parents if you ever need to get away from him. I love you man, I cant keep seeing you like this" Niall emotionally said to Louis.

"I'll have a think about it. The thing I keep worrying about is that my dad is rich and money gives people so much power, so if I did leave i'm scared he'll be able to do a lot more with his money than what I can think of " said Louis.