Chapter 2:Unwanted memories and feelings

Start from the beginning

As much as she did want space from him ,she wasn't going to lie she was happy to see him to because it just felt right to have him there. He deserved to be there to . It was his best friend to after all.

________________________________________________________________________________

Once they allowed him in and he took a seat. She took a deep breath again ,holding her hands in a fist and kept telling herself she could get through this to. She will just watch Penny and Leonard get married quickly then make an excuse to leave.

She couldn't stop giving him side way glances but was hoping he didn't catch her . There was awkward silences and everyone just respected it. When Sheldon asked Raj if he knew about the two of them ,Amy couldn't help but get more infuriated with him. Luckily she has dated him for 5 years so her patience for him helped her rationally say that she was just thinking about their situation.

She was proud of herself but she gulped a little when she remembered that they were together for 5 years. She played with her fingers in her hand and looked down nervously.

It was the one thought that went through her mind constantly and felt somewhat happy that it even lasted that long. She stole one more glance of him and didn't even notice the wedding started, he was wearing the same shirt he wore when she asked for some time. She was drawn to him ,she wanted to get up and hug him and say that she was sorry and wanted to make it better. She wanted to fix the hurt in her heart and make it feel full again so it didn't feel so raw and tender.

As everyone was happy that the room was filled with sound coming from the TV and everyone just tried to enjoy the distraction from the awkward silence. "Amy, are we broken up or not ?"Sheldon said with such a stern voice like he was tired of not knowing, that he just wanted a final answer and take it from there, like his heart was breaking from not knowing but he needed to know the answer even if he was afraid to hear it.

Her heart actually hurt for him and she just wanted to shake her head no and be in his arms and reassure her that this was all a nightmare.

Once he brought up the comment about her eggs not having much longer to be fertile ,a lot of mixed feelings shuffled around and she didn't know which one to listen to first.

He was thinking about children ,about their future children . He wanted to have children with her, he even thought that far and it made her heart happy but he said this in front of everyone and forced an answer out of her instead of being patient like she was with him . She became so mad she could feel her cheeks being flushed and stood up then without even a second thought she said that it was inappropriate and rude, she was going to stop it at that and storm off but the next words came flying out of her mouth much quicker that the last ones .

"I don't need to think about it anymore, we're broken up" she yelled so loud that the whole room fell quite and Sheldon just looked at her frozen, shocked and a little heartbroken . Once she met his gaze he quickly looked down like it hurt to much to even look at her now.

Tears were filling her eyes, she realized it was official now and she stormed off as she couldn't hold it in anymore. She couldn't take any of this anymore.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sitting in the kitchen and wiping her tears as Bernie walked in and put the kettle on. She didn't have to say anything and that is what she appreciated about Bernie, she was always there to comfort you even by her silence.

Once Bernie set the cup of tea for Amy on the table ,Howard walked in to let them both know that Raj took him home and was to afraid to even mention his name. She really made a scene and felt embarrassed, she could feel her face going red.

After the tea, Amy called Penny and gave her another congrats and wished them both well before they got to the hotel room. Penny asked about Sheldon and her, the phone fell quite, all she could hear was Penny making soft whispers that weren't so quite and you could tell Leonard was trying to tell her something from the other side that suddenly made her sympathetic towards Amy.

"Sheldon told Leonard already ?" Amy said with certainty that she was right. Penny just said that what she said was true and she was sorry to hear it. Amy could tell she was leaving something out and she was to afraid to find out what it was .

________________________________________________________________________________

Once Amy said her goodbyes to both Penny and the gang ,she headed to the car to get home. She couldn't believe it that she was single now, it felt weird and quiet. It wasn't a feeling she wanted to ever get used to but it wasn't because she didn't like being single now it was rather that she couldn't see the only person she wanted to see everyday.

Sheldon's smile popped up in her head, she looked next to her in the passenger seat and remembered all the places they went and all the conversations they had in that very car ,it made her heart ache for him again .

She remembered the moment after Thanksgiving ,he protested to go to Amy's place. He was drunk of course but he argued with Leonard and said he wanted to go to Amy's and she smiled so much.

"It's okay Leonard ,I will take him and he can take the spare room in my apartment. I will drive him back tomorrow morning." she said reassuring Leonard that is was okay and he mumbled under his breathe,

"I don't know who would want to take care of regular Sheldon let alone drunk Sheldon in the morning". And he just smiled before she took back what she said and nodded.

Amy laughed and got Sheldon into the passenger seat then put his seatbelt on, once she got back to the drivers side ,he groaned as the after effects of the alcohol was coming back. Amy smiled and thought to herself that this would show him not to drink alcohol again.

She handed him a bottled water and as his hand went to grab it ,his finger lingered on hers a little bit longer until eventually she let go to put her hand back on the wheel. He took a big sip and a little color was coming to his face again.

"What would I do without you "he rhetorically asked softly and gently like he meant it then he fell asleep with his hand supporting him.

The instant regret she felt for not holding on to his fingers just a little longer that day made her feel sad .That's enough she told herself ,she couldn't think of him anymore and she agreed she needed to stop so she distracted herself with work the rest of the trip back home.

to be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

Thought I would add some fluffy scenes in there so it isn't all to bad. Thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you guys on the next chapter. Please let me know what you think and I apologize for my bad writing.

Thank you so so much to Pat, Mariana and especially Amber for always supporting me no matter what. I love you guys and thank you for motivating me when I had very little motivation. You guys mean so much to me.

Thanks for reading <3