ch 7: inn and the golden book

Start from the beginning

Excuse me? That is not considered "care" it's totally declaring a bounty on my head. This third rate soap opera family will not let anyone live in peace. Forests, mountains or rivers, I NEED TO HIDE!

******************************

I went back to my room and started looking for... The maps. I was currently in the Aldeum town. If I were to follow the river downstream, I would arrive at Cardena, the trading capital of the kingdom. It has it's own magic tower which is independent of the government. This city is at the border of the duchy, where the autonomy of the dukedom ends. River navigation system is not very complex, but they do have boats to travel back and forth from here to there.

Towards the 40 kms west of Cardena, again, downstream of the river we have the Pernea forest which has thick vegetation. Some years ago, elves that used to live there, deserted the land and moved to another nation, for unknown reasons. Dense vegetation prevents road construction, people here are also lazy for that, so they left the forest as it is.

Many small beasts like horned rabits have made it their home now. The forest borders the Kingdom of Bahan, which is a neutral Kingdom ruled by a beastman king, so I can escape anytime. Every two years, some knights and mages appointed to search the forests for resources. The last one occured weeks ago, and they left this one alone too. So we won't get humans atleast.

Alistair had learnt Bahanese along with five other foreign languages, as a part of queen education. Therefore, no problems with communication. If am able to buy teleportation scrolls, I can go back and forth between the trading city. I also need to pawn those dresses in different shops. Gold is too big for an amount, and I will need some coppers and silvers. As I was engrossed in the maps, I remembered about that golden book which I picked from the library.

The book looked really expensive. It's cover was thick and made of gold, with beautiful heena patterns and a large star pattern engraved on it as soon as I touched the star pattern, it made a sharp clicking noise and burst open. A blinding light engulfed the entire room and a beast that looked like a tiger with light gold fur, horns and wings. He was humongous and could cover most of the space in the large room that I was in.

 He was humongous and could cover most of the space in the large room that I was in

*Basically this guy, but with golden shade scales and fur.

A Human? Did a puny little human like you release me from eternal imprisonment?』
Did I do something like that? Probably not.. just what the heck his this creature doing here? Is this some protagonist meets some holy animal arc or something like that... Why do all such geenie holy-moly creatures like these speak in such arrogant tones. Yes I am a puny human... So what?
『I shall grant the honour of making a contract with thee』
The beast said in its arrogant pup like tone. Thank you so much Mr holy or whatever beast, I don't like arrogant tsunderes at all.

"No thank you, I am free and I gave you freedom as you said, I don't wish for anything more than that, moreover if you have a request, you should ask properly. Manners maketh man, as they say."

Seriously all that I have been doing since my arrival here is pissing people off, just look at that expression. I didn't know that these creatures can show a better pissed off expression.

you puny human! I am a sacred beast that can give you all sorts of stuff that you want, wealth, money, power, or even a kingdom. Yet you dare speak to me in such arrogant tone?』

"I am just returning the favour, I don't need someone's favour. I can earn that stuff by myself if I want. Moreover I am pretty content with the money I have now"

You are interesting indeed, little human, most would have already asked for something by now

"Thanks for the compliment...if you are done with the matter, can you please leave? If you break something here... It will cost a lot"

wait, little human! You are asking me to leave!』 

"yeah, I am asking you to leave if you can"

The beast looked shocked for a moment, came a bit closer and started a staring contest, which really scared me for a while and then kissed my forehead. Suddenly a blinding, golden light engulfed the entire room and everything went black.