“You think it’s another chick?”

“It probably is, I’ve been watching his place. He hasn’t even been going there. He’s trying to switch up on me just making it worse for himself and the bitch he’s entertaining.”

“Maybe you should just move on.”

“I will. Right after I teach him and the bitch a lesson. I’ll find out who it is, I’m not even worried about it. Everything comes into the fucking light. He’s not about to keep secrets from me. Fuck that.” I clenched my jaw thinking about Major and his new bitch.

I haven’t seen her, shit I’m not even sure she exist but I know how Major is. He can’t go that long without fucking and if it’s not me I know it’s somebody. He doesn’t even know who the fuck he’s dealing with. He wants to keep calling me crazy. I’ll show his ass crazy.

image

Promise

“Mr. and Mrs. Brown she’s ready for you.” He secretary told us. I didn’t even get up right away. Hearing somebody call me that was too weird.

“Come on ma,” Major said while grabbing my hand.

“That was awkward.” He pulled me up out of the chair.

“I know it was but that’s who you are for right now. Just go with it.” We walked into the office and sat down across from the counselor.

“Hi,” She smiled. “I am Dr. Bryant. You can just call me Lorraine if you’re more comfortable with that. Major and Promise, those are really unique names.”

“Thanks I guess.” Major laughed.

“You’re welcome. Alright so I have the rundown of what the situation is between you two. You’re sure you want a divorce?”

“Yeah, it’s nothing personal against him we just don’t know each other at all. It was a drunken mistake.” I answered her.

“I understand that. People do silly things when they’re drunk. The thing with this is the judge is no joke. She wants you two to understand that marriage is not a joke so you have to live as man and wife for the next couple of months.”

“We know, so what is there to do in here?” He asked her.

“Well my job is to help you understand what goes into a marriage. Nobody can force you two to be a couple obviously. You will do what you want, but I’m here to maybe help you change your mind. Today won’t be anything because you two are not having any problems right now. Right?’

“No, we don’t know each other to have any problems.” I said and she nodded.

“Well then, there’s not much to do. I suggest that you get to know each other as much as possible. You never know what a mistake can lead too. This could be your soul mate and you don’t even know it.” She smiled.

Major and I looked at each other then back at her. “I don’t know about all of that. Are we done today or are you going to try and talk to us some more?”

“No you can go right now if you choose to. Today was just making sure you understood what was going to take place here.”

“Oh, well I guess we can go then.”

“That’s fine. I’ll see you in two weeks.” She stood up and shook our hands again.

“Thank you,” We walked out of her office then made our way outside. “So, what do you think?” I asked Major as we walked to his car.

“It’s bullshit in my opinion, but if we have to deal with it might as well just get it over with. What about you?”

“I don’t know how I feel about letting a complete stranger in on all of my business.”