Chapter 30

image

Major

I looked at Promise while she paced back and forth in the bedroom like she lost her damn mind. She's been ranting and raving since I got back to the salon. Speaking of that I wanted to punch the fuck out of Macai for not warning me about what the fuck I was walking into. I got back to the shop after dropping Patience off just to find out pure hell went on while I was gone.

Miracle was acting an ass, Cherish storming out, Promise about to lay hands on bitches. This shit was too much, not only was my wife still angry all of this bullshit went on, she was mad at me for taking so damn long.

"Promise, you need to sit the fuck down. It's not even that damn serious." As soon as the words left my mouth she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Excuse me? They fucked up my grand opening so don't tell me that it's not serious. It is that fucking serious."

"First of all, all that base in your voice needs to go. Watch who the fuck you talking to!" Sucking her teeth she sat on the bed with her arms folded across her chest. "Quit acting like a fucking baby."

"I'm not acting like a baby I'm pissed off, I can't have one night for myself? Everything is always about everybody else but the one time it's all about Promise people want to act the fuck out."

"What exactly happened because Telly didn't tell me everything."

"I was braiding Kendrick's hair-"

"Who the fuck is this Kendrick nigga?" This nigga always popping up or talking to her when I'm not around. I have yet to see his damn face.

"I told you he's my friend, anyway I was braiding his hair and when he was about to leave I hear Miracle yelling at Cai. I go over there and it's the same bullshit it's been for the last couple of months."

"She thinks their fucking around?"

"Exactly, so I pull her outside and she starts coming at me saying I'm taking Cherish's side and I'm against her. Basically calling out a bunch of bullshit, I wanted to hit her so bad and I don't even fight so you know that shit had to be deep to piss me off that bad."

"Alright so what happened with Cherish?"

"She fed into Miracle's bullshit, we had just talked about it and I told her do not listen to Miracle just leave the shit alone and she didn't so we got into it. She stormed out talking about some she's going to start acting like the old her since that's what everybody wants then told me to watch my back."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know and right now I don't care. Fuck her,"

"You need to relax with that shit."

"No I don't, but since we're talking about this shit. What took you so damn long?"

"I was talking to my pops about some shit, why?"

"Just wondering, you were gone for a good minute."

"Well I was talking, don't start over thinking shit."

"I'm not over thinking anything I was just asking, now I know." Before I could say anything else the doorbell rang. "Who is that?"

"I don't know, I'll be right back." I got up off of the bed then made my way downstairs and to the front door. "Who is it?!"

"It's me bruh open the door." Immediately I recognized the sound of Macai's voice.

"The fuck?" Opening the door I was a little surprised to see him standing there with Miracle. "What y'all doing here?"