Chapter 5

image

Promise

"You never told us how Vegas went." Telly asked me.

"It was...eventful," That was all I could think of to tell him. I didn't want to go into full explanation about what happened just because I knew fifty thousand questions were going to be thrown my way if I did.

"Well what happened? Don't even be stingy with the information you know all I have to do is ask Miracle and she will spill all the tea."

"See why do y'all have to be all up in my business?" I asked with more attitude than I intended.

"Something definitely went down. What happened? You got some dick didn't you?" Another employee named Tiffany asked.

"That is definitely not it. If it did she wouldn't be so mean." Telly said and they all laughed.

"Fuck you Telly,"

"Oh girl my man did last night and it was wonderful." He smirked.

"I swear to God I can't take you."

"I said that same shit last night girl that's why I'm walking so funny."

"Ok eww can you stop don't nobody want to hear about how you got your ass cracked." Another girl said.

I just laughed. I love my employees to death. They had some work to do when it came to being subtle but I could always count on them for a good laugh.

"Don't be a hater because it's been two years since somebody hit that sweat box in your jeans missy." He shot back playfully.

"You guys are hot mess." I laughed.

"Mhm and you're not slick what happened?"

"Why do you keep asking me that? It was a regular trip. Speaking of it why didn't you come?"

"I was tied up." He smirked. I just put my hand up signaling for him to not going any further. I didn't even want details.

"Just nasty, it was an alright trip."

"Miracle told me her dude and his brother went. What do they look like?" He asked.

"Stop being so nosey,"

"Now you know better than that. I was born nosey, so you might as well just let me know what went down Promise. I won't leave you alone until you do."

"It was nothing alright. We had a good time that's it that's all."

"So nothing happened with his brother? Well tell me this much was he fine?"

"He was alright nothing to go crazy about. Average guy."

"Oh really?" I heard from behind me. Turning around I was a little thrown off coming face to face with Major. "You know I've heard a lot of things about me but I don't think anyone has ever called me average."

"Good glory who is that?!" Telly yelled obviously lusting. Looking around the salon briefly I could see every woman and a few men staring at Major.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Miracle told me you owned this spot so I came to talk to you. Do you have a minute?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nope I have a client I'll talk to you later if I can." I turned back to my client then felt a pop on my hand. "Ouch! What was that for?" I looked at Telly like he was crazy.