Chapter 27

image

Promise

Hearing the front door close I looked at the clock on the wall and shook my head when I saw that it read 1:57 A.M. He couldn't be serious right now, I know he wasn't. He's been ducking and dodging my calls and text messages all damn night then comes walking in this bitch damn near two in the morning like it's normal? What the fuck?

I waited on the couch for him to walk in the living room since you have to walk past here in order to get to the stairs anyway. As soon as he walked past he glanced at me but kept it moving. He's really trying me right now.

"Major!" I shouted at him. Seconds later he came walking back to the doorway and stood there.

"What?" He asked with his voice dripping in attitude.

"Are you serious? Do you know what time it is?"

"Promise what do you want man?"

"I want to know where the fuck you been and why have you been dodging my calls?"

"I don't have time for this shit."

"Well make time, I know I was late getting to your gallery earlier but that wasn't on purpose."

"What's your point?"

"My point is you're being a disrespectful asshole and it's not okay. What if something would've happen to Patience? You wouldn't have known because you wanna not pick up the fucking phone."

"So all of this shit is on me? When you come in late it's not all this bullshit."

"What's the latest I've come in? 10? Nigga its two in the fucking morning and you're just now getting here. Let me do this shit to you and let's see how you like it."

"Are you done?" He looked at me with an expression on his face that read nothing but boredom.

"You're such an asshole, sleep down here tonight do not come in my room."

"How the fuck you kicking me out of my own shit."

"Easy, come in there if you want to Major, watch what happens," I walked past him and out of the living room about to go upstairs but I stopped and turned around. "Hold up, who were you with?"

"What?"

"Don't what me, who were you with? That Europe bitch?"

"Her name is London, and she's my assistant so...."

"So what? What the fuck were you doing out this late with her?"

"Working, Promise you need to stop coming at me about that girl."

"Oh excuse me for not being too fond of the bitch that wants to fuck my husband."

"I can't help your insecurities alright, think what you want. I'll be in the guest room." Major pushed past me and went upstairs to the guest room closing the door behind him.

The Next Day

"When do we cut this nigga?" Cherish asked me after I ran down the whole situation between Major and I while we ate lunch.

"I thought the violence was done,"

"I'm sorry I had a flashback, but I'm good. You do need to tell that nigga something though. What would that do besides make everything worse?"

"Teach his ass some act right. You don't feel at all disrespected by that shit?"

"Of course I do, he treated me like I was some bitch getting on his nerves. You don't think he's cheating on me right?"