1|♾

It's been weeks now since Reki realized the hard beating in his chest, the violent swarm of butterflies in his stomach, the heat crawling up his neck when he is around Langa...

Is a crush.

-

"Hey, got anymore cool boards your working on?" One of Rekis friends turned around in their chair, glancing down at the open notebook full of doodles then back up at the red head. Rekis eyes got wide and shiny as he slowly risen from his seat. "Would you like to see the design!" He exclaimed, holding out his notebook.

The other male slowly grabbed the book and flipped through some pages, nodding every now and then. "That's pretty cool Reki, you've gotten better since grade school." He snickered, sliding the book back onto his friends desk. "Aw thanks man!" He rubbed the back of his neck, gushing over the fact his friends thought what he likes is 'cool.'

Reki sat back in his chair, doodling in the corner of his notes every now and then, completely ignoring the fact that his best friend, Langa, was sitting right next to him.

When did he get here?! Oh. We came here together- I forgot.. damn I've been so spaced out lately. Reki glanced over at his friend, or crush if you will, and quickly looked back down at his paper, glaring at it. Langa saw him. They made eye contact. At this point Reki was already having a heart attack. 'When can a guy catch a break-'

Classes were as awkward as ever, eventually Reki and Langa had to work together for project and Reki was not enjoying it. He tried going to the bathroom at least 7 times that period. He hated how now of all times he got nervous and shaky around his best friend, the friend he does everything with. Reki sits next to him every class, eats lunch with him, go to and from school with, even hang out at eachothers house almsot everyday.

"Reki? Whats up with you lately?" Langa was helping Reki pack his bag so they can leave the campus. He's been paying close attention to his friend and was convinced that there was something wrong.

"o-oh nothing, just..you know school has been stressing me out" Okay that wasnt a full lie.

"Oh, if you want you can come over and we can study together."

"No no, its okay! I..uh- I have to babysit my sisters today. The babysitter got sick."

The red head sucked at lying but Langa somehow beleived him, which made Reki feel guilty. Langa trusted him and here he was testing it.

"Okay, good luck with that then." The other boy let a small smile slip, the only one who gets to see those smiles were Reki. Just another thing for Reki to panic about.

Langa wanted to skate home with his friend but he had other plans. He made the excuse of needing to be home as soon as he possibly could and Langa understood. 'Damn it. I hate lying to him..' he almost fell face first into the front steps of his house but managed to save himself.

Rekis mom was playing with the two littlest in the living room, the oldest of the three was in the kitchen helping the grandparents cook. He snuck away to his room and dropped his bag and board down by the door.

He let out a long sigh as he plopped onto his bed and looked at the ceiling. His room was small but he loved it. He had skating posters in the ceiling, the walls, even on his desk there were posters yet to be hanging up. He had a bunch of skating books and magazines in his two green and yellow bookcases he has in the corner. There was a small pile of clothing next to his door that needed cleaning.

Reki loved his room.

Not only did he have unfinished homework from weeks ago spread out all over his desk but doodles of Langa. He hated to admit it but one of his favorite things to draw was Langa.