69.

•♡•♡•

WHEN THE ENCHANTED ceiling slowly began to swirl and fade from blue to a dusky purple, the evening feast and empty plates disappearing back to the kitchens, Dumbledore finally rose to his feet from his place at the staff's table, blanketing the en...

WHEN THE ENCHANTED ceiling slowly began to swirl and fade from blue to a dusky purple, the evening feast and empty plates disappearing back to the kitchens, Dumbledore finally rose to his feet from his place at the staff's table, blanketing the entirety of the Great Hall into pure silence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes time, I will be asking you to make your ways down to the Quidditch pitch for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament," He gave the occupants of the Hall a once over, clasping his hands together, "Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."

Harry stood from his place slowly, the Gryffindor table cheering and applauding him just as the Hufflepuffs cheered on Cedric. With final wishes of good-luck, and nervous smiles, the fourth year fell into line with Fleur, Cedric, and Krum, before they all left the Hall, following Ludo Bagman.

"He's gonna be alright," Fred whispered into his girlfriend's ear, sliding his hand between the both of her own to stop the nervous tick of picking at her nails, "they both are, you have nothing to fret over."

"I have everything to fret over." She retorted lowly, lacing their fingers regardless and squeezing his palm nervously to ground herself and ease her worries.

With just minutes past, everybody that was left within the Great Hall had began rising from their seats. In an excited chatter, they all filed out of the Hall in a huge crowd, then through the castle, and all the way through the lawn down towards the pitch. However, it was completely unrecognizable. A twenty-foot-high hedge ran a course all the way around the edge of it, dark and creepy as it loomed in their sights. With her hand still clutching onto Fred's, Rebecca let him lead her right to where they'd sit with his family, her own eyes far too entranced with the daunting hedge and in trying to spot Harry and Cedric.

Taking some seats right up front, just down the row from the Diggorys, the Weasley clan all sat and got comfortable. Rebecca remained standing for a moment, peering over the railing to watch Ludo Bagman greet some of the professors that would patrol the outer edge of the maze, in case of forfeits or any form of trouble. The sky was a deep, clear blue then, little stars beginning to litter the sky and shining against the orange-hued fire coming from the lanterns surrounding the passage into the maze where the four champions stood in a line.

Rebecca took another glance around, faces upon faces of nerves and excitement and glee filled her eye-line. Students from each of the three schools were cheering and waving banners and flags – the rest of the schools' delegations sat in designated seats and very colour-coded in their own insignia against the sea of Hogwarts students. The Ravenclaw found Adrienne with an utmost ease, sat by her father and the rest of those from Durmstrang. They met eyes briefly, as if the blonde had felt the weight of her stare – each of them sharing a look of worry for their best friend and the rest of the champions.