Chapter 12: Questions

"R-Royal...?" Flynn yelled out.

"P-Please co-come b-back!" He yelled once again. 

"I d-don't wa-want t-to b-be alone..." Flynn gave up trying to search for his new 'friend' and decided to just call out for him.

"I'm... here..." Flynn jumped at Royal's sudden appearance, but soon sighed in relief.

"W-Where d-did yo-you g-go?" Flynn asked quickly.

"Small... Mishap..." Royal spoke in his usual tone as Flynn had imagined him to.

"O-Okay... Uhm, d-do yo-you k-know h-how I can g-get ba-back?" Flynn asked carefully.

"Yes... Back... Sans..." Royal finished as Flynn looked at him confused.

"W-What about S-Sans?" Royal turned his head and blinked at him.

"Back... Sans... Relationship... Brother..." Flynn took a minute to register Royal's mixed words and then figured out what he had said.

"M-My rela-relationship w-with yo-you and S-Sans is... br-brothers?" Flynn asked shocked.

"Yes... Consider... Family..." Royal said while Flynn smiled.

"Y-You're hel-helping m-me bec-because w-we're f-family?" Flynn finished.

"Yes... Correct..." As Royal spoke Flynn couldn't help but smile. He hadn't thought that Royal thought so highly of him and it made him feel happy, like when Sans first told him they were brothers.

"Th-thank y-you..." Flynn then started to walk towards Royal and looked up at him.

Royal stared down at him with a slightly confused look on his face, when Flynn hugged him tightly. Royal shook slightly as Flynn held onto him, but soon hugged back as he hadn't felt a warm hug in over a decade.

"Thank... Flynn..." Royal said in a soft glitchy voice.

"S-So, Uhm, h-how ca-can we g-get o-out of he-here..?" Royal now had a sad look on his face.

"No... Sorry... You..." Royal really tried to say this in a clearer sentence, but could only manage those three words.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I c-can't in-interpret y-you're w-words..." Royal let out a glitched sigh as he tried again.

"Only... Can... Escape... You..." Flynn had a discouraged look in his eyes as he eyed Royal.

"N-No, t-there ha-has to be a-another w-way..." Flynn had a tear roll down his face, all because of his newfound brother. But even if they weren't actual brothers, they had cared for each other deeply.

"Don't... Sad... Please..." Royal wanted to calm Flynn down and after a while, he was able to do just that.

"I-I'm s-sorry, but w-why ca-can't yo-you c-come with m-me?" Flynn asked once he was fully calmed down.

"Stuck... Unallowed... to be..." Flynn had a mysterious look in his eye as he stared at him.

"St-Stuck?" Flynn said confused.

Royal looked down not being able to stand the way he talked.

"Ro-Royal..?" Flynn uttered his name, waiting, hoping for a reply.

"No... Speak... decade..." Royal let out a scratchy 'breath' while Flynn muttered something indistinctive.

"W-Wait..." Flynn grabbed his sleeve and ripped a large tear in it, pulling off the fabric and handed it to Royal.

"What..." Royal took it and instantly knew why Flynn did this and got to work.

Royal used the goop that had formed on his arms to write onto the ripped fabric. He managed to write words on the fabric and handed it to Flynn.

"I... C-Can't Sp-Speak... W-Well Sin-Since I... H-Haven't Ta-Talked For... O-Over A D-Decade." Flynn looked up at Royal and gave him a pitiful smile.

"I-It's o-okay." Flynn reassured him as he wiped away the goop and handed the cloth back to Royal.

Royal took it and continued to write as neatly as he could.

"S-So h-how c-can I le-leave..?" Flynn asked unwantedly.

Royal took a second before writing something else onto the cloth.

He soon finished and gave it to Flynn.

"I-I... Ne-Need To Us-Use My T-True F-Form..." Flynn let his arms fall to his side as he looked at Royal with only one eye while the other snapped shut.

"What...Wrong..." Were the only words Royal succeeded in saying at the moment.

"Y-You me-mean... G-God o-of hyp-hyper death..?" Flynn asked in a serious manner.

Royal nodded as he handed the material back into Flynn's possession.

"W-Wait wh-when d-did yo-you..?" Flynn had a mixed expression on his face when he realized that Royal had somehow taken the cloth from his hands while he was completely unaware.

Royal smiled as Flynn started to read the words that had been written on the cloth.

"Y-You d-don't ha-have to d-do it y-yet... wh-when the ri-rift... opens th-then y-you... will... h-have no choice, b-but... do-don't w-worry I'll h-help yo-you... pra-practice till t-then." Flynn finished and took a long breath.

"R-Rift..?" Flynn said questionably.

"Yes... Rift... Open... Random..." Royal said in a faint voice.

"O-Oh... A-Alright." Flynn sighed.

He did not want to use that form, but since it was the only way to leave this everlasting void he didn't have a choice.

"I-I've fo-forgotten h-how..." Flynn said modestly.

"Did... Not... Forgot..." Royal continued.

"Never... Can..." He concluded.

Flynn sighed as he handed the fabric back to Royal.

Royal held it in his hand for a few minutes before snapping out of some sort of trance, he had a concerned look and his empty sockets darkened.

"Ro-Royal... a-are yo-you o-okay?" Flynn asked nervously.

Royal cocked his head at Flynn and began writing.

"U-Uhm..." Flynn waited for Royal to finish his writing and hand it back to him once again.

"Here..." Flynn grasped the cloth and started to read it.

Flynn was surprised to see how much he had written in that short amount of time especially since the fabric wasn't that big.

Flynn read it over carefully and sighed when he apprehended the fact that Royal wanted him to follow the words written on the fabric.

"C-Can I ev-even u-use my mag-magic h-here?" Flynn asked.

Royal nodded which told Flynn he had to at least try and do this because he would have to do it sooner or later if he didn't do it now.