xix. | super secret boyband

Mulai dari awal

"Probably the head of security for like, Hammer industries, I don't know," she shrugged and Happy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ew, no," he interjected, "as I was saying before I met Tony-"

Happy was interrupted by Tiny McKeever leaving the bathroom, looking at Salene and Peter side by side and then looking at Happy, confusion on the boy's face as he went to his locker, putting in his combination, and grabbed his book bag and lunch box. Tiny grabbed an extra few notebooks and what Salene believes is a pencil case before shutting the locker door and leaving making his way around the corner, not before giving the three one last confused glance and disappearing.

"So uh, how long you been here?" Peter asked, making Salene look back at the old man, waiting for his answer.

"Long enough to be awkward," Happy answered, "the boss wants to see you two."

Salene widened her eyes and glanced to the bathroom. Peter seemed to have the same reaction as he pointed to the bathroom.

"Is he here too?" Peter whispered, Salene adjusted her bag and straightened up as Happy frowned, pushing his eyebrows together.

"In the bathroom? No, he's upstate." He answered casually.

"Upstate?" Salene asked.

"Like upstate-upstate?" Peter finished.

"When did you two start doing that?" Happy asked, "let's go."

────── 〔ψ〕──────

SALENE WATCHED AS Happy's car took over for driving, she watched in amazement as the screen told him he was free to take his hands off the wheel. Her attention though was soon caught by the compound. The buildings were beautiful and Salene could see quinjets and the giant A on the side of the building like before. There was more landscaping than last time.

Salene wondered if she would be seeing the inside at all.

"They just finished remodeling the whole thing," Happy bragged pointing out all the new things that Salene noticed weren't there before. She loved it.

When they were finally inside, Salene and Peter watched through the window as a jet flew up and off, Salene wondered what the mission was. She looked at Peter, his wide grin made her smile.

"You don't see that every day," Happy pointed out and Salene shook her head, turning to face the giant A on the wall.

She never thought that one day she would be standing here.

"Oh, there they are," Tony's familiar voice rang out as he approached the three of them. "How was the ride up?"

"Good," Happy answered, looking at Salene and Peter.

"Give me a minute with the kids," Tony looked at Happy, winking at Peter and Salene.

She stepped over to the other side of Tony as Happy glanced between all of them.

"Seriously?" He asked, looking to Tony like he was nuts.

"Yeah I gotta talk to the kids," Tony asserted, making Happy sigh.