Chapter 1

I started my first day of senior year the same way I started every day of school since I can remember. Perfecting myself. I was already gorgeous, a fact I knew very well and was aware everyone else knew too. But I also knew how to enhance myself to look breathtaking. I showered with my  favorite cherry scented body wash and let the strong stream soothe any aches and pains I had. After I stepped out of the shower I wrapped myself in a white terrycloth towel.

I padded into my walk in closet perusing the shelves of colorful clothes until I felt a little spark of joy.  I spotted my yellow mini sundress with cream flowers spattered across the bright fabric and felt a fluttery tingle in my chest. One of the few things I truly enjoyed was fashion and my morning outfit decision was the best part of my day. I chose a cream cardigan, mini handbag and pair of strappy sandals to finish of the ensemble.

In front of the gilded full length mirror I stripped of the towel and let myself appreciate my naked form. I admired my long toned legs, watching my reflection trace my narrow waist and tapered ribcage. My eyes settled on the gold cross settled modestly just below my collarbone and I smirked.

After I finished my admiration I began to clothe myself. To embellish my look I adorned my ears with gold roses and added another necklace. The rose pendant settling between my breasts, visible due to the low dip of the dresses neckline.

With a final appreciative glance in the mirror I went downstairs.

"Hi Lee" my father greeted me as I entered the kitchen. He sat at the long mahogany table his bowl of fruit, yogurt and granola  placed in front of him as he skimmed the morning paper. My mother sat beside him. She routinely took a bite from her own bowl before returning to scribbling in her planner.

"Good morning to you too" I replied as I walked over to place a kiss on his cheek before I did the same for my mother.

I hunted in the pantry for ingredients for my own fruit bowl as I listened to my parents converse inbetween their own tasks. They mentioned a new takeover my mothers company was considering pursuing and a new artifact my father was excited to study once it was transferred to the museum he worked at. Their conversation was comfortable, like a favorite blanket. Similar to many they have had before, but it was clear that they had a bottomless well of curiosity when it came to each other. They could never know enough about their spouse and they could never spend too much time together. Unfortunately for the two lovebirds Mom's position as CEO of an international oil company meant they couldn't be glued to the hips as they clearly wanted to be. I would say, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I don't know if this was even possible in my parents case.

Once I was finished arranging my meal I sat at the table.

"Are you excited for your last first day of high school" my mom asked with a doting smile. My parents always looked at me with love in their eyes no matter what I said or did. In their eyes I could do no wrong.

"If you're referring to my return to education, yes I am looking forward to it, but if you are referring to the inevitability of seeing the snot-nosed dimwits that inhabit my school, then my answer is no".

My father shared a look with my mother which plainly said- isn't our daughter charming.

After that, my parents continued with their on-off conversation and I occasionally shared a disagreeable comment, which always received an amused shake of the head.

Once I finished breakfast it was already seven thirty and time for me to leave for school. After saying goodbye to my parents I grabbed my purse and walked to the garage to pick up my Porsche.

When my car came into view I sighed in pleasure. Not because I had any interest in the car itself. I couldn't care less about the vehicle I drove, as long as it could get me from point A to  point B. No, my pleasure drew from the knowledge that the mint condition cherry red paint job and fully kitted out convertible was the envy of most kids in school. The looks of jealousy I saw on some of the guys faces almost caused my cold heart to skip a beat. Almost, but not quite.

With these happy thoughts filtering through my head I sat into my car and started the engine. I checked my mirrors before driving off checking myself out in the process. With a kiss in the direction of my reflection I set off in the direction of Herthford High. A playground for those who were wealthy and popular and a torment for those unfortunate to come to their attention. Luckily for me, when it came to riches, I was filthy.