> • Chapter 13 • <

I do not own any of the characters/settings in the Selection Series, all credits go to the amazing Keira Cass

© 2015

I needed 10 votes for Chapter 12.1, but beggars cant be choosers, so TADAAAA

*drum roll*

HERE IS CHAPTER 13

NOT EDITED (June 21, 2015)

» Chapter 13 « (3rd POV)

All of America's uneasiness about meeting with Maxon later, vanished when her eyes zeroed in on her heavenly bed.

This better be a short talk. I need my sleep.

But America knew her meeting with Maxon would be anything but short.

Slightly regretting giving her maids the nights off, she dragged herself towards her closet and took off her shoes. She grabbed a nightgown and laid it on her bed and began to unzip.

~••°••~

The moment the lights turned off on the stage, Maxon sprinted towards the doors, ignoring his father's call. He could not wait to meet with America and clear any problems that has been looming over their heads-hearts-the past few days.

~••°••~

America slipped on her nightgown after doing her nightly routine in the bathroom. She began to unzip when she almosy reached its end, a warm hand covered hers. Startled, America let out an unlady-like squeak (not that she was a lady in the first place).

"Shh, my dear"

But it was too late. America had reached for the book on her nightstand and twisted her body enough to hit the stranger's torso. She hoped it would reach mans most prized jewel, but alas the man was a few inches taller.

"OH HELL!" came the pained cry of the intruder.

America felt the warm hand on hers leave, so she turned fully to see who she had hit.

"Oh my! Maxon! Im sooooo sorry!" America said in haste as she crouched in front of a bent over Prince, dropping the book to the floor.

"It's alright America, I should have coughed or something" Maxon said through his gritted teeth, still clutching his right hip. He felt something wet where his hand lay, but he did not move to inspect it. He knew it'll just throw America to a fit, that is if she's actually paying any attention to what he was saying as she was still mumbling apologizes.

Maxon took America's lack of attention, to stare at her.

He could have lost this.
He could have lived with the rest of his life without seeing her luscious red hair. Her stunning blue eyes. And her beautiful smile.

He could have lost her.

And he would forever live to regret it, if tonight continues on its course; painful.

Noticing Maxon still hasn't moved his hand over where she presumed she hit him, she reached out to move his hand away.

"No, America I'm fine..." But America had her hand already wrapped around his. She gasped at the amount of blood caused by a mere book.

"Oh Maxon, I am so sorry, I didn't know it was you!" America said as she lifted up his tucked shirt, and pressed her cold hands over it. Maxon hissed at her touched, but relaxed when his body recognized her soft touch.