1

4:30 am:

Knock Knock

"Mae, it's time to wake up," My mom says softly through my locked door.

I keep it locked because I feel like it's one of the only chances I can get for privacy. To be blunt, I don't trust my parents. They haven't really done anything to make me think that, but I hate how much they need to know about me.

My whole life, I have always wanted to go to college and finally be free from this suffocating life. It's exhausting, yet so easy, and simple. I hate it. I hate it so much.

"Mae, you told me last night to not stop knocking until you get out of bed!" My persistent mother continues.

I groan, realizing what she said was true. Darn past me.

Pushing off my dark grey covers, I stumble over to me door, and open it so my mom knows I'm there. She smiles, tells me good morning, and than continues on with getting ready.

I shut and lock my door, already sick of the plain white walls and the plain white carpet in the hallway.

Luckily, past me packed for the trip last night, so all I have to do is get dressed, brush my teeth and hair, and get ready to go.

I have an obsession with trying to look as good as I can while being clean. I need to shower, I need to have put together hair, have barely any makeup, and I need to smell good. Weird obsessions, yes. But it's me.

So, to satisfy the first step, I shower, letting the burning hot water turn my skin pink and itchy. It's such a nice feeling, I wonder if I'm delusional. Or maybe it's just something everyone does, and once again I'm trying to find something special about me to make me feel like I don't have a normal, boring life.

Wow. That got depressing fast.

"Mae! Hurry the fuck up!" Oliver shouts from outside the bathroom door.

I smirk to myself, because I know that if Mom or Dad heard Oliver swear, they would be pissed, and he would be given all the chores on the road trip. I happily continue on with my shower, knowing he can't do a damn thing about it.

After my shower, I change into loose black nike sweatpants, white nike socks (ADDICTING SOCKS), and an oversized peach colored sweatshirt. I think this satisfies my want for cute and comfy.

Which is what I want for my road trip to... wait, where were we going...? Oh. yeah.

My whole family, which includes me, my brother Oliver, my mother and my father are taking a road trip (whoopee) to California, and I honestly don't really know why.

It's not just a road trip, technically. We are stopping along the way at camp sites, which sounds gross, muggy, and like plenty of bugs. My family is usually more of the pretty sights and beach type vacation, not camping, but apparently we are going to try something new.

As I french braid my hair, my legs getting tired from standing in front of the mirror, I think about all the possibilities of meeting hot guys, falling in love, or the ones where my whole family dies and a hot guy saves me and we fall in love. Honestly, it sounds a little cold-hearted, but I don't know whether or not I would care if that happened. Like, I would find the love of my life so....

"MAE, GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM."

"Oliver, please don't yell." My father scolds. Then to me, he says, "Mae, please get out of the bathroom. You've been in there a while, we are leaving soon. Oliver needs time too."

I roll my eyes, add some finishing touches (little bit of makeup to make me confident, deodorant, perfume), and strut out of the bathroom.

5:15 am: