Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Lake James Orion, I'm 17-years-old, and I'm a gay man. I am able to become pregnant, and I have a 1-year-old son named River Jaxson Orion. I am a Neko, which is a cat - human hybrid, and I look mostly human, but with cat ears at the top of my head, a tail, and some cat personality traits. River is half Neko, and he has a few Neko personality traits, ears, and tail. 

I'm 5'5" tall, lean build with small four pack abs, black 'Emo' hair that falls over my bright blue eyes, and my Neko ears and tail are black and brown colored. River is just over two feet tall, and he has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen, blond hair, and the chubbiest cheeks ever. His Neko ears and tail are a dark blond and light tan colored. River's other father, Markus Fuller, knows of Rivers existence, but he doesn't want to see or help raise him. Markus is fully human and is my former Master, but with his social status, he doesn't want his peers to know he fathered a half Neko child. 

Markus sent us away when I was three months pregnant with a backpack filled with clothes, and paperwork stating that I am now a free Neko by him. He also gave me $5,000 in cash, but that only goes so far when most people will not hire a Neko, so River and I live at a shelter for hybrids that is run by humans. 

"Papa, up," River softly whines while holding his arms up to me with a pout. 

Picking him up with a smile, I settle him on my right hip with several kisses to his chubby cheek; "Are you hungry, River?" 

He nods eagerly with a hum as he wraps his left arm around my neck while he chews on his right hand. Walking us from the living room to the dining area, I grab a metal tray, and silverware rolled in a paper napkin to follow behind Abel, one of the other residents here. 

There are ten hybrids living here currently in the six rooms. There is Abel, a dog, Bex and her daughter Harlie, both monkies, Matther another dog, Cammie and her son Morgan, both cats, and Tyler and Taylor, who are brothers and monkies. 

Mister Mitchell owns and runs the shelter, but we don't see him, well I haven't in the last year and a half since arriving here. Miss Holly, Mrs. Molly, and Mr. Hammond work here, and they live in the two back bedrooms. All three are humans, and are family as Mrs. Molly and Mr. Hammond are married, and both are 50-years-old, and Miss Holly is their daughter, and is 35-years-old.

Getting breakfast for River and me, I take us to a small table to eat. Sitting down with River on my lap, I feed us as Cammi and Morgan sit down with us. Cammi is 19-years-old with blond hair, blue eyes, and her ears and tail are blond and tan colored. Morgan is 2-years-old with dark blond hair, blue eyes, and dark blond hair ears and tail.

"Hi Cammi. Hi Morgan," I softly green them with a bright smile. 

"Hi," they greet back with their own bright smiles. 

"Attention everyone," Mr. Hammon loudly says to catch our attentions. "Mr. Mitchell will be visiting tomorrow to check on us, and see if we need anything. He will be here at noon to have lunch with us."

When he finishes he sits down with Mrs. Molly and Miss Holly to eat. 

"Do you think Mr. Mitchell is nice?" Cammi quielty asks with a nervous voice.

"I'm sure he is," I instantly reply. "If he wasn't, I don't thnk he would have created this place."

She nods, but I can tell she is still a little nervous about him; "I will make sure we are sitting together at lunch tomorrow, okay?" 

She shyly nods, and I smile at her again as we continue to eat. When everyone has placed their dirty dishes on the rolling cart, River helps me push it into the kitchen, so I can place these into the dishwasher. Once loaded, I place the detergent in the compartment before starting it. I do other chores here, as do the the others. I also watch Morgan for Cammi when she is at work at a cafe three to four days a week. She is trying to save money for a home and bills, so she and Morgan can be on their own. 

"Papa," River says in his sweet, soft voice when I finsish with the dishwasher. 

"Yes, River?" I reply softly as I pick him up to leave the kitchen. 

"Beau, pease?" he request with a small pout as he bats his pretty blond eyelashes; Beau is his bear stuffie that he loves to have with him, and cuddle all day. I bought him Beau just before I gave birth to him. 

"Sure, baby, let's go get Beau," I agree with a nod of my head, as I walk us to our room to fetch his bear. 

Placing River on his feet, he rushes to the edge of the bed where Beau is, and grabs it to hug it tightly to him. Grinning at him, we head to the living room area, so he can play with Morgan while I watch him since Cammi has to leave for work in a few minutes. 

"Mor!" River softly hollers when we see her and Cammi.

"I will be back by 3:30 this afternoon, Lake," Cammi promises as she grabs her purse to leave with a small smile. 

"Not a problem," I assure her with a smile, and a nod. "Try to have a good shift, okay?" 

She nods witha small, tentative smile. Cammi is an introvert, and she is trying to step out of her comfort zone by working, as well as provied a good life for her and Morgan. 

Hours later both Morgan and River are lying on my bed, under the covers taking their afternoon nap after lunch. While they are napping, I am working on my online high school work. I might only be 17-years old, but I am in my last year of school. I am not sure what I want to do when I graduate, but I will figure it out. If I am being compltly honest with myself, I want to have someone who loves River and I, who takes care of us. I guess what I want is a sugar daddy, but I am sure that won't happen. I guess my tentative plan is to find a job and sitter for River, so I can provide a good life for him and me.