Hi. Meet My Hot Friend Riley Taylor. (5)

Start from the beginning

I sat on the swing as I watched Adam play in the playground with the other kids. Someone sat down next to me on the other swing and I saw it was the girl with Riley at the beach. "Hey." she said, looking down at the sand. "Hi." I said. "I'm Juliet, but call me Julie, I don't wanna be called after the stupid girl who pretended to die just to be with her boyfriend." she said. I laughed and nodded. "Victoria, or Vicky, or Tori. Doesn't matter really." I shrugged. "I know, Riley told me about you." she said. Riley? He only know my name and that he didn't give me a concussion. "Well, actually, he just won't stop smiling and I could tell that he really likes you." she sighed. "Aren't you mad at him or something?" I asked, how can she not be mad at him for liking another girl. "Why would I be mad?" she asked. "Well, aren't you his girlfriend or something?" I asked. Then she burst out in laughter. "Or something. I'm his sister." she said. I gaped and then started apologizing. "It's okay, if I were you I would've thought the same." she smiled. "Towee!! Towee!! Look what I did!!" Adam squealed. I looked over at Adam, who was holding a bucket and the kid next to him had a pile of sand on his head. I gasped and ran over to Adam. "Adam!! Don't do that!! That's not nice!" I scolded. He pouted and then started crying. I apologized to the mother of the kid and picked Adam up. I went back over to Julie, who looked amused. "Sorry, I have to take this little one home." I said. "S'okay, I gotta get going anyways. Riley's probably looking for me." she said, dusting her black capris and getting off the swing. "See you around?" she asked. I nodded and we both went our seperate ways.

*

The next day, I was lying down on the front lawn, listening to my iTouch, and drawing in my sketch book. I was drawing a withering rose. It was depressing, and the opposite of the day. Today was beautiful. So I flipped to another page and started sketching a happy whale in the water. As soon as I was done with the whale, I closed my book and sprawled myself across the lawn, letting the sun kiss my skin. After a few minutes, the sun was gone. I peeled open my eyes, and saw Riley standing above me, smirking. Startled, I jumped up so that I was sitting on my butt. I yanked off my headphones, and looked up at him. "The sun's gone." I said simply. "Hi to you too." he said, sitting down next to me. "Hi." I waved. He chuckled at my silliness. "So what are you doing sleeping on the lawn? It's quite dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be like that all alone." he said. I blushed. Did he just call me pretty? That was rare. "I wasn't sleeping. I was closing my eyes." I said. "Oh really now." he crossed his arms. "Yes. Yes I was." I mimicked him. "Are you busy right now? Wait, stupid question. Do you want to do something?" he asked. I raised my eyebrow and nodded eagerly. "Sure, what do you want to do?" I asked. He got up, a let his hand out to me. I took it, and he lifted me up. "We, are going to get ice cream." he said, smiling proudly. "As long as I get my sundae, I'm good." I said. He chuckled and I told him, "I'll be back in a minute. I have to tell my dad that I'm going." He nodded and I ran inside. "DAD!!!" I called after him. It was still quiet, so I called him again. Michael came down, scratching his head. "Vicky!! Stop yelling!! I was just about to get my high score but SOMEBODY was screeching like a hyena!!" he hissed. "Not now Mike. Where's Dad?" I asked. "Work. They called him in at around 7 this morning. Why?" he asked. "Uh... I'm going out." I said. "With who?" he pushed. "Friends." I said. "I thought the guys were downtown at camp?" he raised his eyebrows. "I have other friends you know." I snapped and went outside. Riley was still standing there, as I jogged over to him and he linked his arm with mine. "Ready to go?" he asked. I smilled and nodded. "Good. Do you like to walk?" he asked. "Yeah. Why?" I asked. "Well, I'm still working on my bike so I don't have a ride." he said as we started walking down the street. "You have a bike?!?" I exclaimed. He nodded and I gaped at him. "That's so cool!!" I said. He grinned and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Riley spoke, "What's your favorite colour?" I giggled softly. "What?" he asked. "That's so random!!" I told him. "Is it suddenly against the law, to want to dig information about such a beautiful girl?" he asked, mocking shock. "It's called stalking. Get a dictionary." I said.

"Gurple." I answered.

"Huh?" he asked.

"My favorite colour, is gurple. You know, purple and green??"

"Haha. You are one weird chick." he said, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I know I am. It's in my blood. The guys live with it." I said, grinning.

"The guys?" he asked.
"Brothers, father, and best friends." I replied. He nodded once again.

We finally got our ice cream, and we sat outside on one of those round tables and a parasol sticking out. "What's your favorite colour?" I asked him, licking my ice cream.

"Blue." he answered.

"Animal?" I asked.

 "Giraffes."

"Cool. Me too! Okay, favorite number."

"9."

"Singer."

"Down With Webster."

"Epic. And by the way, that's a band." I pointed out.

"Same thing." he countered.

"Sure it is.  Favorite house object?"

"Hmm...Fridge."

I rolled my eyes.

"What?" he asked.

"It's just so typical."

"Oh yeah? What's yours?"

"My bed."

"Sleepy much?" he teased.

"Yes, yes I am." I said, pretending to fall asleep.

This kind of thing went on for a while. I learned that he is scared of babies, he hates clowns, he was the quarterback in his old school, he's never had a real girlfriend (there's hope!!), his celebrity crush is Selena Gomez, (Note to self: Hunt Selena Gomez down.) and believes that monkies are people too, something that I also have to agree on. We started walking over to the park, and that's when Juliet came skateboarding towards us. "Watch out!!" she called. Me and Riley jumped out of her way and she accidentally crashed. She got up, completely nonchalant about it, and brushed it off. "Hey Tori." she said, walking over to us. "What are you doing with that?" she asked, pointing at her brother. He glared at her. "We just hung out." I shrugged. She raised an eyebrow. "Interesting. Okay, I'm stealing her from you now." she said, grabbing my arm. "It's okay with you, right?" she asked. "I don't mind." I said. "Farewell brother." she said to him, and he looked upset. "Julie! Why do you have to take her?" he asked. "Because, she's my only friend. And I need girl time other than just sitting around at home." she said. "Aw, Riley, here, give me your phone." I told him. He handed it to me and I put my number in. "There, I'll text you later okay?" I asked. He smiled at me and nodded. "Let's go Tori. I need to buy something." she said and we started walking, well I walked, and she rolled beside me.

We ended up at the mall, and Julie was trying on a lot of black clothes. She wasn't goth or anything. She seemed a little too optimistic for that. But she wasn't girly either. I guess you can classify her with me. The tomboys. It was okay for me to be a tomboy, but no boy has ever asked me out on a date. I mean, I hang out with guys all the time, and I'm comfortable with it, but I need a few girls in my life. Thank God Julie showed up. She seemed like a really cool girl. "Okay, how does this look?" she asked, coming out of the dressing room. She wore a red shirt with lots of straps, and a black plaid skirt with awesome red and black converse. "You look great." I said, giving her a thumbs up. "Oh come on Tori. It's not fun when I'm the only one putting on clothes and buying them. You have to buy something!" she pouted. "But I don't have any money." I said, pulling out my empty pockets. "I'll pay." she said. "You don't have to." I said. "Yeah, but I want to." she said. "Okay fine..." I huffed. "Perfect! I know just the place for you." she grinned.