special 1. | the holiday

T H E
H O L I D A Y - '53

With a final gasp, he pulls away from her shaking body. Lips leaving her neck, her arms slowly unraveling from around his shoulders. With a shiver, he left her body, the sensation of the cool air on his wet member sending metaphorical chills down his spine. Rowan quickly lifted the thin sheet to wrap around them, Edward taking her body into his arms, right hand reaching over to flick the lamp on the nightstand.

In the early morning light and the yellow glow of the bulb, his eyes locked with her bright red gaze, eyes blown with a genuinely fucked out smile on her lips. "Shit," she gasped as if she needed air. "That was our best go yet," she giggled as he brought her in tighter against his bare body. He ran a hand through his untamed hair, lips parting to speak before she beat him to it.

"I know what you're going to say. Yes, it's fucked up to say drinking a man dry got you riled up. It's disgusting!"

And he was pinning her down again, laughing at the notion that murder drove his libido this way. "It's the blood, you know it is," he would always say. He hated it whenever she implied that he got aroused whenever they fed, but he's slowly beginning to accept that that's just how her humor goes.

"Maybe it's just you that got me this way," his grip on her wrists tightened. She grins lazily up at him, still high from the thrill of their previous actions. Feeding, murder, sex. It was an endless cycle for them.

"You're such a romantic," with a single movement, she has him pinned under her. With their roles reversed, Edward couldn't deny just how turned on he was. She leans down to kiss him once on the lips before she stood and got dressed. He could hear the sound of a zipper, metal buttons brushing against the cloth of her pants. He had no worries of her running away, she was his mate after all. He still couldn't wrap his head around it.

Edward was never the type to actively pursue a person, not even back when he still had a beating heart. But seeing her that night in an alleyway, with her hands wrapped around a man's neck while the human struggled to breathe, impacted him in ways he couldn't explain. It was a feeling he has only ever read about before, and even then, the poets could never do justice the way her presence alone electrified him. She was turning into an obsession. She was the sick, twisted escape he has been looking for. He would never let her get away.

One could only imagine the despair he felt when there was a knock on the door. Edward heard him before he saw him. He hurriedly dressed as Rowan walked towards the door, "Who is it?" she asked as she turned the knob. Golden eyes, golden hair. Carlisle. His thoughts aren't as loud as they usually were, suppressed like he was trying to hide something. Edward moved to stand beside Rowan by the doorway, hands slowly coaxing her to move behind him. The slight twitch on Carlisle's brow told him everything he needed to know. Neither was expecting this.

words ; 565

status ; unedited
a/n ; hi everyone.

it's been so long HAHAHA

this was just a scenario
that popped up in

my head while i was
rewatching twilight.

i've been thinking
about rewriting this story,

and then i had a thought about the title.

IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE LOL
but then i remembered that
rowan and
edward's "roman holiday"
happened when

they first met:
she was a newborn
and he was in his rebellious phase.

for the knowledge of everyone,
roman holiday means:

"a time of debauchery or of sadistic enjoyment".

the everyday routine of feeding and sex was it for them.

watch out, i might revisit eclipse.

also, feel free to comment
if you guys want

more of these types of updates.

ㅡ RIO