Locked up

"Unhand me!" Regina shouted, trying to wiggle out of the guards grip.

She then felt herself being thrown to the ground, tumbling before she hit her head against the rock. Within seconds, she was unconscious. The guards didn't bother going in, they just locked up the cell and headed for the exit. Regina was led on the floor, her breath heavy and slow. She wasn't out for very long but when she came through, her head was throbbing like never before. She could feel the blood rushing to it, maybe even leaking out a small cut. Regina rubbed between her brunette hair as she sat up, growning at the pain.

"That looked like it hurt" a girl, in the corner of the cell, said softly, having witnessed it all.

"Like a bitch" Regina added, sighing dramatically at the ache surrounding her whole head. She looked across but couldn't see the girl; she was sat in the dark with only her bare feet in the light. "Who are you"

"Emma... Emma Swan" the girl replied, using one of the rocks to help her to her feet. She stepped into the light, revealing what she looked like. A pretty blonde with a kind smile and warm eyes, appearing in her early twenties. "Who are you"

"Regina Mills"

"Nice to meet you"

Regina just gave a simple nod, feeling the pain more now she'd moved her head. Emma could see she was in pain. She walked over, crouched beside the brunette and gently moved her head forward. Regina was confused at first but soon realised that the woman wanted to help. She held still as she felt Emma wipe the small amount of blood with her sleeve, not caring about the stain. Once done, she moved away and sat opposite the woman.

"Thank you" Regina softly said, not remembering the last time someone helped her.

"It's ok. Who did you piss off to be put in here" Emma asked, knowing the cell is for the worst crimes.

"The King. I'm the new Robin Hood since he went straight and left his merry men to me" Regina replied with a chuckle, still feeling jealous that her best friend got his happy ending first.

"I've been here awhile, isn't he the guy who stole from the rich to give to the poor" Emma questioned curiously, having been in these walls for many years.

"Yeah, that's the one. He ran off with his new wife and gave me his crew. Look how well that ended for me" Regina replied, gesturing to the jail cell she was suck in. Emma just giggled and shook her head a little, knowing everyone needs to feel sorry for themselves every now and then. Regina looked up at the sound of the giggle, finding it oddly soothing. "Why are you here"

"Run away princess who stumbled into the enemies kingdom" Emma replied with a sweet smile, knowing her scruffy clothes didn't give it away.

"You're a princess?" Regina almost spat out, looking in utter shock at the blonde.

"Yep" Emma simply replied, giggling a little at the reaction.

"Your highness, forgive me for not knowing" Regina quickly said, rushing to her knees in order to bow. As she lowered her head, she felt the aching feeling from hitting it, causing a wince to escape her lips. "Oh shit"

"You need to rest your head, don't bother bowing to me" Emma said with a laugh, helping the brunette back against the rock. "There, much better"

"Thank you. I'm sorry, your majesty, I didn't know you were a princess" Regina apologized, knowing the royal family can be very strict in her kingdom.

"Please, don't call me that. I'm not your princess and I never really wanted to be one anyway" Emma explained, resting back on the spot opposite the brunette.