𝟭𝟭 - 𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴'𝘀 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹

Start from the beginning

He was probably filled with more regret now that she saw him clearly. Her brother was an expert at hiding his feelings, but Fanny could always see what he was hiding deep inside.

"You could've been killed." His voice was now stern and clear.

"But I came back in one piece! Not a single body part of mine is missing!" she cried.

Her brother sighed heavily in utter disappointment, burying his face with his hands. She didn't feel sorry yelling at him. Not now, at least.

"Thank the Lord of Light for being with you," he managed, then continued. "But that doesn't mean your action was easily forgivable."

"'Forgivable', you say?" she repeated in disbelief, looking away. He thought her action was unforgivable.

She couldn't look at him without tearing up even more. She didn't want to look weak and worthless, not in front of him.

"Well," Fanny started, "I guess an eleven-year age gap wasn't a good idea to begin with."

A huge age gap was between them indeed, and there was nothing they could do to get rid of it. The only way to avoid pointless fights was to understand each other, but Tigreal was stubborn as he was selfish. There was no way nineteen-year-old Fanny could bring out the brother she had hoped him to be.

She left him standing alone in the hall. You let me down, brother.

***

Odette's POV.

Golden rays of the sun shone through Azure Lake, arriving like mother earth's gentle touch of hope. It was a beautiful day, but that was always how Azure Lake accepted nature. The birds were singing their beautiful anthem and the green grass performed their dance with the morning sun as its spotlight. Odette was awake, sitting on her bed as she let out an elegant yawn.

She woke up beside her lover who was still in his sleep, his dirty blond hair messy as ever. She was hoping he dreamt of her, even though she hoped for it almost every night. Its been several weeks since he stayed here, and she hoped it would stay this way forever—much longer, if possible. He was the best company she had ever had since she ruled alone.

Just as she was about to start her day, she noticed something odd. The cracked tiles of her floor was clean and the broken walls of her castle was as good as new. Everything came back to how it was.

The beloved swan castle was restored.

Who did this? Odette asked herself as she got out of bed, perplexed. Her mind was full of unanswered questions. She was expecting an ordinary day to come, but instead she witnessed the unexpected. Whoever used their time of their life rebuilding her home deserved everything the world has to offer.

She gently shook Lancelot's body to wake him up, but he didn't move an inch. Could he be the one doing this? Another question. Maybe that's why he seems so tired. Another thought.

She had to face this strangeness alone. With a joyful heart and a puzzled mind she left the bedroom and off to the castle foyer.

It was good as new; the previously ruined stairs were now flowing as if nothing had ever broken them, the shimmering white chandelier was hanging steadily on top of the ceiling, and then she saw the statue of her father, the king himself, in the center of the foyer fully recovered from the violence of the abyss.

She realized how much she missed him. How much she missed her parents.

Odette could feel her tears coming down. Her  childhood, her memories she'd barely hold on to, and the incredible days she used to spent with everyone she loved. They were all gone, all because of Alice's unstoppable greed for power. She stood still, immediately covering her mouth and took several deep breaths to stop her from crying.