"It can't be- there is no way, she wouldn't have. She wouldn't" She breathed out, shaking her head in disbelief, "She did" He shrugged, gaze unwavering on his papers.

"And- and how would you know?" Soyoung asked, creasing her forehead in suspicion, "She had never engaged in a conversation with anyone apart from Jay and I. How do you know?".

A small chuckle left his mouth, "Exactly" He muttered, putting all the papers back in the black file, "Huh? What is that suppos—" Soyoung broke off, soon realization striking her mind.

"Jay was your guy?!" She blurted, scoffing out in disbelief as everything began making sense— how neither of them questioned her about her mother but were acknowledged with everything.

"Does that mean you know where she is now?" Yeonjun stayed silent, deeply exhaling out as he stood up, sending the chair to scrape against the marble.

Casting a look at his watch, "Well, your two minutes are up" He stated, glancing back at the girl with a small smile and she bit back the urge to lash out at him for his ignorant attitude but she held it in.

"I'll call someone to assist you to your room, stay put" He eyed her ankle that was yet to entirely recover, "I don't need one" Soyoung hurled back while staring into his eyes, clenching her fist.

Yeonjun picked up his belongings in his own arms, "Okay then, I'll take my leave" With that said, he walked past the girl and her eyes did not leave his back until he was out of sight.

Soyoung hissed under her breath in annoyance at the boy's conduct, her gaze fleeting onto the heap of files and papers on the desk and supporting herself with the table and chairs on her way, she approached them- curiously and expectantly.

Her palm rested on the first sheet of paper that revealed itself on the top, "I would appreciate if you didn't go through my things now, Choi Soyoung" The voice emerging from behind made her freeze at her spot, recognizing the person as Yeonjun and she mentally cursed herself for getting caught.

"Wasn't going to anyways" She defended with a shrug and Yeri stepped into her sight with crossed arms, "Let's go" The elder gestured, apathetically.

Yeri hefted the girl up in her hold and they made her way out of the room, passing by the figure who had a satisfied smile settling on his face before pulling the door to a close.

Soyong didn't turn back, not interest even the slightest bit to notice if Yeonjun had left or was probably scrutinizing his stuff, in case he suspected her for walking away with any of his precious things.

Soyoung muttered something incoherent under her breath before her attention landed on the girl, "I can walk" She mumbled, audible enough to Yeri.

Yeri did not speak, wordlessly guiding her inside her room and letting the girl sit down on the bed, "You are a participant in the race, don't let that slip your mind" She reminded, grabbing onto the first-aid box.

Yeri crouched down, the line of her black dress crinkling upwardly as she did so, her eyes catching sight of the red stained gauze, "Can't you take care of yourself? At least to stop being a nuisance for the others" Though her later sentence was muffled and barely distinct, Soyoung could sense the girl was beginning to get irked with having to stick around her every time.

But Soyoung didn't protest this time, Yeri's actions were justified because she knew how it felt to be the one bearing responsibilities on ones shoulders, especially when it was the least expected.

Soyoung watched as she unwrapped the bandage and using a cotton pad, she cleansed the debris, "Sometimes I wonder, how you could afford to put all your trust in some random guy?" She asked out of the blue and Soyoung knit her brows together, "Random guy? As in who?".

"Mark, Mark Lee" Yeri specified, glancing up at her for a brief second before continuing with treating her injury, "Why.. not? Everyone deserves to be trusted, and so does he" She answered, earning a laugh, almost derisively, from the elder.

"Well, we'll see if you stick to those words till the very end" Yeri muttered, more to herself and since the girl couldn't pick onto her words, she brushed it aside as she voiced out her question, "Do you not trust him? You have been knowing each other for longer, right?"

Yeri chuckled as she stood up, gaze flickering onto Soyoung, "Frankly, I still don't. There is definitely more than to what he lets on" She replied in a causal tone, brushing down her black, shoulder-length hair with her fingers.

"And how do you know that?" Soyoung couldn't hold back the question, slightly curious to hear out her reasoning.

"Just an intuition," Yeri responded with a subsequent soft click of her tongue, bringing their short conversation to a cease and spinning around on her heel, she parted ways with the girl, leaving her confined to the four walls once again.

How do you find the story so far?
I want a feedback from y'all so I can improve my writing and fill out my gaps..