19

Gotta go insane to stay sane

Soyoung stood rooted in her place, "H-huh?" She uttered out in a mere whisper, his words gradually dawning on her

The thudding of the door crashing onto the floor snapped her out of her daze and Mark glanced up at the open window and back at the girl, "Get in, Youn!" He hissed out and the girl swiftly pulled the car door open and sat herself down.

Just as her door clicked shut, she was abruptly thrown against her seat and the Corvette shot forward with a jerk.

"What the hell?!" She let out impulsively, watching as his stern gaze landed on the rear view mirror and she peeked outside the window only to see the handgun being pointed at their car and soon hit her realization that he had missed the gunshot by doing so.

"Damn, those reflex—" Soyoung was cut off when Mark took a sharp turn, heading onto the unfamiliar roads and she pressed her head against the seat, the car missing the bullet narrowly.

"Fucking stay put!" Mark spat, his eyes flickering between the road and rear view mirror to make sure there was no car tailing behind them.

Soyoung remained silent, most part of her panicking cause she had never seen Mark loose his composed self- the way his shoulders ever so slightly tensed, his usual grin and apathetic gaze worn off but instead something she had never imagined was plastered evidently on his face.

Fear.

And that took her over the edge, blinking the tears that threatened to line her eyes in annoyance and terror.

Mark casted a brief look over the girl, his eyes catching a glimpse of her wrist that was stained deep red and they widened, slightly.

"What happened?" He asked- his tone sounding per usual and the girl raised a brow, confused as to what he meant.
"Your wrist, you hurt yourself" He pointed out with his hand that were wrapped around the gearhead.

"Oh, oh" Soyoung let out, the stinging pain that flared through her wrist long forgotten and she clasped onto it, "Nothing" She shook her head and he sighed out.

"Nothing? It's bleeding Youn" He said softly, his genuine tone and concerned expression masking his face made a smile etch onto her lips.

"Is Mark Lee worried about me?" She asked leaning forward to get a better view of him and he averted his eyes onto his front with a click of his tongue.

His lips slightly parted to speak but before he could utter a word, something else had already earned his attention.

"Shit!" He cursed under his breath- the engine roaring louder at the accelerating speed of the car and her hands clutched onto the sides of her seat to hold herself down in her seat at the insane speed the car propelled at.

Soyoung glanced at the side-view mirror and her eyes widened in horror seeing around a minimum of six bikes tailing them in a certain v-shaped formation.

"The hell- who are they?!" She questioned out, utterly lost and unaccustomed towards the entire scenario.

Mark remained silent, not bothering to give her a response since he was beyond focused at his driving and making an attempt to loose track of the bikers who were currently chasing them at their tail.

"Take my phone from the back seat and place a call to the very first contact"
"What-"
"Just do it" His voice terse and the girl bent over her seat to grab onto his phone and just when her fingertips brushed the device, the car cut an acute to their right and she almost threw herself onto Mark at the impact but he was quick to place a hand on her waist, supporting her.

Soyoung stiffened at his touch, feeling his slender fingers press down on her shirt and the thin material being the only hinderance between his fingers and her skin sent her heart leaping in her chest as a flush of red creeped her cheeks.

She glanced at him over her shoulder only to see him completely invested on his driving and she sighed out in relief, shrugging away her thoughts as she bit the inside of her cheeks to hold in her smile.

Reaching out for his phone, she steadied herself as she sat upright in her seat, feeling the warmth of his hand leave her soon and she did as he had asked to.

"Speaker" He instructed and she nodded, setting the call on speaker.

"Yeah?" The rough, raspy voice spoke up catching Soyoung off guard, "They found us- the bikers, they're here" He informed in a hurry and the other side remained silent for a few seconds before speaking up.

"Where are you heading?" Much to her surprise the voice was calm and not a hint of fear or anxiety in his tone could be observed.

"Hq," Mark paused, his eyes darting over to the girl, "With Soyoung" Soyoung's forehead creased in bafflement at how he mentioned her name to the person as though they were well acquainted with her.

"I'm at the outlying district, just entering Seoul's downtown. She will switch at Itaewon" He stated and Mark nodded, gripping the steering tighter.

Soyoung wordlessly listened to their conversation, a part of her relaxed to know the person on the other end of line sounded like he at least had some sort of a solid plan in his mind so as to order Mark.

Soyoung placed the phone down on the dashboard once the call had ended, eyes trained on Mark as he spoke.

"Listen, we'll be arriving at Itaewon in a few and you will be switching at the bridge when our cars crossover, got it?"
"But Mark-"
"Soyoung no questions asked, just do as I say" Mark interjected, cutting her off with a shake of his head.

"What about the others?" Her tone wavering as she compelled herself to push aside her emerging emotions at the back of her that that grew dry.

"Don't worry," He assured with a small nod and she exhaled out, slouching against the seat as her eyes wandered around aimlessly, drowning in her own ocean of thoughts.

Soyoung deeply sighed out, deciding to stay close-mouthed despite having numerous questions crawling in her mind.

"At least tell me who's car am I switching over to, will you?"
"The manager"

"At least tell me who's car am I switching over to, will you?""The manager"

Guess who's the manager 👀