01 ;; 16th October 2003

presenting...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓LAWN OF THE WICKED[ jjk + kth ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
LAWN OF THE WICKED
[ jjk + kth ]

contains...
+ taekook
+ gore
+ harsh language
+ !triggering content!
+ horror/ thriller au

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Taehyung.

The whole town knew what face to imagine in front of their eyes whenever they heard the simple name Taehyung. But it didn't mean it was something good. Years ago the people around town wore gentle smiles on their faces, when they saw the little child run along the sidewalks to catch butterflies.

His small feet stomping onto the ground, when his lovely mother didn't buy him ice cream on the way back from school, brows drawn together and bottom lip moved forward in a cute pout to show everyone they came across how mean his mother was to him, but only earning himself amused chuckles.

Sometimes, when the weather was cold and rainy outside and the streets were empty with people sitting inside their cozy homes, the little boy would put on his green raincoat and run outside to jump into the huge puddles with a wide smile on his face.

The old french lady living at the end of their street, Mrs. Rousseau, always sat in her pink painted kitchen to gaze out of the window, wrinkly face managing to pull on a bright smile with eyes turning into crescents when Taehyung would wave at her from across the road, stretching his short arm into the air as high as possible to make sure she could see him.

Her grey hair was always pulled back in a tight bun, a white blouse covering her torso with not one stain on it, pink kitchen clean with no speck of dust. She wouldn't let that happen. "A classy woman must know how to act the right way," was what she always said.

And Taehyung? Little Taehyung only cared about the cookies Mrs. Rousseau always made for him, handing them to him through her window. He wasn't allowed in the house. No one was.

"I don't want it to get dirty in here," She reasoned with a small shrug of her bony shoulders. Taehyung only giggled, munching on the chocolate chip cookies as he stood in front of her window and told her about his day at school. But whenever he did that, his father would yell at him to come back inside.

He never understood why.

Till one day, in the middle of the night, the loud sirens of the nearby police woke all the families living in the Hanbury Street. Seven year old Taehyung, being as curious as he was, ran down the stairs with his parents worriedly putting on proper clothes to get outside.

It was a rainy night.

Taehyung's blue astronaut pajama quickly being soaked and sticking to his tiny body in the cold of the storm. His teeth chattered, bare feet running along the street with his mother's concerned yells and steps not far behind him.