THIRTY SEVEN

The game ended 2-1 to the opposing team meaning that Liverpool had lost. All the boys were devastated but they would just have to try harder next time.

Milo was now asleep upstairs in his cot whilst Mia waited for Trent to get home from the game.

The match had finished at 7 and it was now 7:30 so he should have been home any minute.

Just as Mia came downstairs after getting changed into her pyjamas, Trent walked through the door with his bag in his hand.

"Hey baby," Mia said as she walked over to her husband and greeted him home with a kiss.

"Hey babe," Trent sighed as he set his bag on the floor and kicked his shoes off. A devastated look on his face.

"Hey look at me. It's okay. You guys tried your hardest and that's all anyone could ask of you," Mia said.

She sat down next to Trent on the couch as he held his head in his hands.

"It's okay," Mia replied whilst rubbing his back.

"I let you down though. It was my first match back since you had Milo and I wanted to win this for him. I just can't help but feel like I let him down," Trent replied as a tear fell down his cheek.

"Don't say that. Baby you have no idea how excited he was to see you on the telly. I've never seen him smile so big. He probably doesn't even know what's going on but I know that if he did he wouldn't see you as a let down. He would be proud of how hard you tried."

"I just wanna be a good dad to him. Now I can go back to football I'll be training all the time again and have matches every couple days and who knows when I will have to go to another country or city. I don't want to leave you here all by yourself and make it look like I don't care because I do. I care about and love you both so much."

"I know that. Milo knows that. There's nothing to worry about. Football is your life Trent and having a baby yeah that's gonna change some things but being a footballer in who you are. So don't let anyone or anything get in the way of that."

"I love you so much you know."

"I love you too. Now go get changed."

Mia wiped away Trent's tears with her thumb before giving him a soft smile. Trent made his way upstairs and into Milo's room where he saw the baby sleeping peacefully.

"I love you bubba and I promise to make you proud." Trent pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and then went and got changed and rejoined Mia back downstairs.

"You okay now?" Mia asked.

Trent jumped onto the couch and rested his head on Mia's chest whilst his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Yeah," he mumbled whilst Mia played with his curls.

"Good." She placed a kiss to the top of his head before turning back to watching the tv.

"I just don't want to let you and Milo down."

"You won't baby. You never could."

"I got so lucky with you. You could ignore me for days or start an argument and I'd still come back to you. I know what you've been through with your parents and everything and I just want to give you the best life possible to make up for your shitty childhood. You've gave me a gorgeous son and an even more gorgeous family that I'm so proud if. You've been with me through thick and thin and that means the world to me. I never though I would be this soppy type of guy who has a girl on their mind 24/7 but that is me. You're all I can think about. Day and night. Asking you to be my girlfriend was one of the best decisions I've ever made but asking you to be my wife has to be the best."

"Trent stop your making me cry," Mia laughed as she wiped the tear that had fell down her cheek.

With that the sound of Milo's cries sounded from the baby monitor causing Trent to jump up off Mia and bring Milo downstairs.

"Hey little man," Mia said placing a kiss on his forehead. "What are you crying for aye?"

Trent gentle rocked the baby back to sleep as Milo held onto Mia's pinky finger.

"You're so good with him."

"You think?" He replied with a smile on his face.

"Of course. You're his dad."

"I still can't believe that."

"What?"

"That I'm a dad. That I have this perfect son and that he's half mine and half the woman I love."

"Well you better believe it."

Mia pulled Trent in for a kiss. Soft and passionate just the way she liked it. Their lips moved perfectly against one another like they knew what the other person was going to do next.

When they pulled away Mia rested her head on Trent's shoulder as they watched Milo slowly fall back to sleep in his dad's arms.

"Thank you Mia," Trent said out of nowhere breaking the silence.

"For what?"

"Just everything. Being the best wife and mother to my son. Being my best friend and my soulmate. Just thank you for coming into my life. Thank you so much."

"You're very welcome my love. But thank you. For being everything I am for you for me."

Trent smiled at Mia before placing a kiss to her lips.

"I love you Arnold," she smiled.

"I love you to Arnold," he replied back.

The end

●●●

I can't believe that's the end of Edwards 😭😭 I have loved writing both of these stories and I hope you have all enjoyed reading them as well. Make sure you watch out for my new story that will start publishing next week

Please vote and comment 💖