Epilogue: The End

Start from the beginning

Soon after we got married and later on had the twins, Ryder being older by 3 minutes and 2 seconds. Ryder and Tyler didn't look alike. Expect for their eyes that are an olive green colour like mine they have nothing in common. Ryder looks more like Amelia, with her nose, eyebrows, smile and even dimples while Tyler is like a carbon copy of mine, with my eyes, smile, nose and even glare. Rosalyn, or Rosie as we call her, our daughter who we had after the twins were four looked exactly like Amelia.

While Ryder and Tyler were more of mommy's boys, Rosie was a complete Daddy's princess.

"How is your book coming along?" I ask Amelia as I wrap my arms around her waist from behind. "It's going well. I completed the last few chapters and emailed the first draft of the manuscript to John." She smiles. After college Amelia wrote her first ever book, which instantly became a bestseller, and today she is a bestselling author with over three bestsellers all around the world. And I am so proud of her.

"Daniel called me. He, Daisy and Maya can't make it to dinner tonight." She says. Daniel got married to his long term girlfriend Daisy a year after college and they have a daughter, Maya who is the same age as both the twins. "Oh why?" I ask. "He had a last moment  business trip." She sighs. Daniel took over Jackson's company right after graduating. "Are your parents and Adrian coming? We haven't met them since Mary's funeral." Amelia says sadly. My grandma passed away two years ago, Adrian was heartbroken since he was the closest to her.

"Yeah they are." I say and peck her cheek. "Mommy!" Roise giggles and I turn back to look at her. Her brown curly hair is flying around as she claps her hands and points towards her brothers who are now standing on top of the counter table and dancing. "Ryder! Tyler! Sit down! Don't dance on the counter table!" Amelia exclaims as she looks at our sons. "Sorry." They smile sheepishly.

"Here are your pancakes." She says and hands Ryder and Tyler a plate before walking out of my embrace and towards Rosie. "And here are pancakes for the little princess." Amelia coos as she places a small pancake on the baby chairs tray. Rosie claps and holds the pancake in her small hand and takes a small bite out of it and chews as she smiles at Amelia. Amelia smiles back and pushes her hair in the back before walking back to where I am.

"You seem tired. You should rest." Amelia says as she places her hands on my chest. "I am fine baby." I say as I peck her lips. "You came home from the gym late last night. I really think you should rest." She says. And I smile at her concern. "I am perfectly fine, love." I smile down at her and she blushes.

Just then I hear the doorbell ring. "That might be Andrew and Chase." I say and peck her on the forehead before walking to the door. I open the door and see Andrew and Chase standing there, with their three year old daughter, Kiara.

Andrew and Chase got married at the age of 25 and then soon after adopted a 1 year old girl who now is three. "Hey Kiara." I smile at her and she giggles. "I like what both your daddy's have done with your hair." I say as I refer to her box braids. "Thawk You. Papa Chase did it." She says with a grin. I chuckle and let them in.

"Hey man!" Andrew says as he lets Kiara down and she waddles into the house probably looking for Rosie and the twins. "Hi." I smile as I let them in. "How is everything?" Chase asks, walking inside and closing the door. "Everything is going great." I say as we walk into the kitchen.

"Where is Roise?" He asks. I nod towards the baby chair as we enter the kitchen. "Hey boys!" Amelia smiles when she spots us. "Hey Mia. Wait, are those pancakes I smell?" Chase says, sniffing the air and Amelia giggles and nods. "Daddy! Can you lift me down?" I hear Ryder ask and I nod before helping both the twins down the counter.

"Kia!" They exclaim as they see Kiara standing in the kitchen. "Hwllo." She smiles and waves. Before the three of them rush out the kitchen and towards the play pit.