Mockingjay - The Reunion

Peeta.
Alive and well - maybe not well but alive and here.
Away from Snow. Safe. Here. With me. In a minute I can touch him. See his smile. Hear his laugh.
Haymitch's grinning at me. "Come on, then," he says. I' m lightheaded with giddiness. What will I say? Oh, who cares what I will say? Peeta will be ecstatic no matter what I do. He'll probably be kissing me anyway. I wonder if it will feel like those last kisses on the beach in the arena, the ones I haven't dared let myself consider until this moment.

Peeta's awake already, sitting on the side of the bed looking bewildered as a trio of doctors reassure him, flash lights in his eyes, check his pulse. I'm disappointed that mine was not the first face he saw when he woke, but he sees it now. His features register disbelief and something more intense that I can't quite place. Desire? Desperation?
Surely both, for he sweeps the doctors aside, leaps to his feet and moves towards me. I run to meet him, my arms extended to embrace him. His hands are reaching for me, too, to caress my face, I think.

My lips are just forming his name, when he takes my face in his firm hands, shutting me up.
His face and body is harshly marked by all the torture. He looks like he could crumble in my fingers if I touch him. Everything is matte and grey, and he looks so tired. He looks like he could collapse at any second.

Everything looks so dead, except for his eyes.
His intense, blue stare, glistening from the bright lights in the room. Tears are forming in his eyes, his fingers examining my face, probably trying to find out whether this is real life or not. When I feel my tears pressing as well, I throw my arms around his neck, and pull him as close to me as possible, squeezing my eyes shut. His arms finds my waist, holding me just as tightly. I feel his tears on my neck, so I release my own as well.

After a while of this, I finally manage to whisper in a hoarse voice: "You're back." I feel him smiling, and then he simply responds: "Yes." He moves away from the embrace, taking my face in his hands once again, and before I know it, his lips are on mine. I shut my eyes, and cling on the the fabric of his shirt, never feeling like letting go.

And yes, it does feel like the kisses on the beach. No, better. For once we're not doing it for a camera.
And if I were hungry for him back then, this must be what it's like to be starving for him.

---

Hiii.
So this was my first One Shot! I hope you guys enjoyed it💕
Yes, the first part was from Mockingjay.

And yes, this was kinda like a 'if Peeta wasn't hijacked' thing.

I'll be updating this whenever I get a new idea for a One Shot, and feel free to come with ideas/requests!

🍬I'll hopefully see you soon, and don't forget to comment and vote!🍬
✨Sille