Revelations

"Roland. Do you really think it was wise to bring her back here? She's dangerous."
"She's not dangerous, Little John. She'd never hurt one of us. And don't worry. I put the cuff Snow gave me on her, so there's no way she can use her magic on us, even if she wanted to."
"I still don't trust her. There are rumours that she shot Henry with an arrow not three days ago."
"I'm sure that's all they are: rumours."
"Roland?" Friar Tuck's voice rang out through the camp. Roland and Little John raced through the maze of tents to the medical station. Breezing past the monk, he slipped through the tent flaps and fell to Regina's side.
"Roland?" she croaked. "Is that you?"
"Yes. Yes, it's me. Don't worry, you're safe now. Okay?"
Fear flashed in Regina's eyes as the realisation of her location set in.
"But you're not." She muttered. "Conan's using the dagger on me. I'm dangerous. Take me out into the woods. Leave me there. You'll be safer that way."
"No. I would never abandon you, Regina. Ever. Here." He said, pulling her arm across her body, revealing her mother's magical cuff.
"You found it." she smiled.
"That I did. Now come. Let's get some food into you." he suggested, slipping his arm around her shoulders as she rose slowly from the bed. The scent of warm, freshly made soup flooded Regina's nostrils as Roland guided her out of the tent and to the closest campfire. Little John smiled up at the pair as they sat down and handed them each a steaming bowl of stew.
"Thank you." she smiled.
"Of course. Anything for the queen." Little John replied. Regina sighed with content as the warm liquid slid its way down her throat, warming her insides and giving her a slight reprieve from the morning's winter chill. Letting the bliss and tranquillity of the forest and camp wash over her, she let her mind wander, sifting its way through the events of the past few weeks. With a sudden start, she jumped to her feet, sending the contents of her bowl flying.
"Regina? What is it?" Roland exclaimed.
"Henry. Where is he? Is he alright? Oh god, I hope he is. Have you seen him?"
"Woah, Regina slow down."
"I shouldn't be here. I have to go."
"Go where? Regina, what are you talking about?" Roland demanded.
"I shot him, Roland. I shot my own son square in the chest."
"Wait. So the rumours are true?" Little John questioned.
"Yes, they are." She replied, backing further away from the camp.
"Regina, it's okay. You're wearing the cuff, remember?" Roland reminded her.
"But what if it comes off?" she countered, holding her hands out in front of her, an unspoken warning to back away.
"Regina, come back here. We can figure this out."
"Roland, please. It'll be safer for all of you if I just leave."
"No Regina. I won't let you."
"Roland, please!" she begged, her voice filled with pain.
"Regina!"
"Roland! Please!" A sudden blast of red magic flew from her open palms, sending Roland and the Merry Men flying every which way. Roland held his hand to the back of his head and heard Regina gasp with horror as it came away dripping with bright red blood.
"Roland...I'm...I just...I." she stammered, before fleeing into the woods.
"Regina!" he cried after her. He grabbed his bow, and went to chase her, but was held back by Little

John. "No Roland. Let her go. You're hurt."
Roland felt numb all over as he was guided back into camp. "The cuff. It did nothing."
"Come Roland. Let's get you fixed up." Friar Tuck said softly. Roland barely felt the monk's gentle hands smear the healing salve over his neck as his wandering thoughts carried all sense in his body with them.

"Right! I need the Groundhogs over here ASAP!" Carmen's voice sang out over the hum of the Hive's activity.
"Right here, boss." Caius replied.
"Alrighty then. Charlie Team, you are our Forerunners. Get yourselves sorted and to the marshalling area. You got ten minutes." She directed.
"Twenty minutes till kick-off, you lot! Let's move!" Rhydian shouted over the noise.
The entire base picked their pace up off the floor and began racing around like cars on a racetrack. Everyone was scurrying from here to there, their arms overflowing with weapons, supplies, and other oddities, ready for the campaign ahead. They were moving out of the Hive and setting up camp in town. Emma's house, the café, and the office had all been nominated as base points. From there, they would begin making moves on Conan. The five Strike Teams were all huddled in a corner, gathering their armour, and sharpening their weapons. Granny had supplied most of the food, which was now being hurled into any pack that would take it. Each rebel had been assigned to a team, and each team was to be given a cue when to leave the base. Earlier that day, Carmen had come to the conclusion that it would be best to stagger the leaving times, rather than have a giant horde of rebels trying to force their way out of a tiny gap in the mountainside. The first group to leave was Charlie Team, or the Groundhogs. They would scout ahead and give the all clear for the rest of the teams to start rolling out. After them would come the Charmings, followed by Maleficent, Lily, Ursula, and Gideon. Nook, Alice, Robyn, and the dwarves would head out next, followed by Granny, Ruby, and Dorothy. Then the rest of the Strike Teams would follow, with the Wolf Gang being the last to leave. Henry had awoken early that morning and, against Carmen's wishes, had insisted on coming along. He stood with the Wolf Gang, waiting for their cue to leave, and watching as the numbers slowly dwindled. Finally, when Zelena and the Sky Riders had zoomed out of the entrance, they began gathering up their supplies and preparing to leave. As the group left the base, Carmen reached out and wrenched Henry to the side.
"Are you sure you're up to this?" she demanded.
"Yes." He replied, his voice edged with steely determination.
"Very well. Let's go."
Henry couldn't help the smile that creeped across his face as he heard the final rumble of the cave door closing. It was time. His mother was coming home.

Conan sat alone at in his chambers, his desk as mind as cluttered as his desk.
"Five days. Five days. We only have five days. Then he's here. Five days. Five days." He muttered to himself in an endless stream of absent-minded thoughts. He sifted through his papers in a blind fury, searching for anything that would help.
"Sir?"
"What?" he snapped. He turned to see one of his servants lingering in the doorway, his face contorted with terror. "I'm sorry. That was rude of me. What would you like to say?"
The servant said nothing, but merely stared blankly at his master. "
Well come on then. Out with it, boy!"
"Our scouts have just returned." He jumped. "They say they found the rebel base. It had been deserted."
It took all the restraint the Conan had to hide the relief he felt upon hearing the news. "Tell the scouts to get back out there and find them." He directed.
"Yes sir." The servant bowed out. As he was leaving, a hooded figure breezed passed him, pulling the doors closed behind him. He pulled the cowl off his head, showing his face to his former master.
"Gilderoy!" Conan cried with joy. "You're timing could not be more perfect!"
"Timing is everything, sir. What do you need?" Gilderoy smiled, relieved to be back in his master's service.
"First thing's first. Did you find the Alpha?"
"Nay sir. I followed the scouts to the base, but it was empty. I'm sorry I failed you."
"You didn't fail me, Gilderoy. It's good that you didn't find them."
"It is?"
"Yes. We have five days before the Grandmaster arrives, and we have a new problem. Regina has gone missing."
"Forgive me for stating the obvious sir, but can't you just use the dagger to call her back?"
"I've tried. But it hasn't worked."
"Why not?"
"She's broken through."
"What?" Gilderoy gasped. "Already?"
"Shooting her son was the final push she needed. Now it's just a case of helping her find the balance between the dark and the light. Between Ravenna and Regina."
"Once you find her, of course."
"Exactly. Which is why I need you to find the Alpha and give her this letter. I've written down everything she needs to know. You just have to get it to her."
"Of course, master. Anything for the rebellion." Gilderoy bowed, turning to leave.
"Gilderoy, wait!" Conan cried. He turning to his mirror, he waved his hand, and a cloud of grey smoke began swirling beside him. A moment later, it disappeared to reveal the knowing smile of Sidney Glass.
"Take Sidney with you. Out of everyone in the kingdom, he's probably spent the most amount to time with Regina than anyone. If anyone here had an idea of her whereabouts, it would be him."
"Very well. Come Sidney. Let us find the Alpha."

Carmen lurked in the window of Regina's office, her eyes glued to the dark clouds that drew ever closer to the kingdom. And not far behind, a new threat was making its way to Storybrooke. She silently cursed Conan and his foresight. Behind her, a door clicked softly shut, interrupting the express train of thought thundering through her head. She turned to see the snow-white eyes of Bravo leader.
"Marita. What news do you bring?" she demanded, turning back to the window.
"We've managed to disrupt three supply lines heading to the castle and eliminate four of Conan's teams."
"Good, good." Carmen replied absentmindedly.
"But there's something else." Marita continued.
"What?"
"Those clouds that have been hanging over the mountains? They've reached the far villages and are beginning to brush against the borders of Agrabah. And there have been several sightings of strange horned beasts clad heavily in black armour, branded by a single snowflake."
"He's coming. He draws nearer every day. At this rate, he'll be here by the Festival of Lights."
"What? Who's he?" Marita asked, her voice tinted with a nervousness Carmen had never heard before. Out of all the Strike Leaders, Marita was the hardest to shake.
"I don't know, Marita. I don't know." She lied, sitting heavily in the mayor's chair.
"I think I might be able to help with that." A voice spoke from the door. Marita and Carmen turned to see two figures clad in white cloaks, their faces obscured by the deep cowls. The sound of Marita's bowstring being stretched made the figures shuffle with nervousness.
"Who are you?" she demanded.
"I am but a simple messenger, and I have come with such." The figure replied, producing a crisp, white envelope from the confines of his cloak.
"That's not what I asked!"
"Marita. That is no way to treat our guest." Carmen chided. "Your voice is familiar to me. Have we met before?"
"Your memory serves you well, Princess." The stranger replied.
"That's 'your majesty' to you, scum." Marita spat.
"My apologies. You were just a child last time we spoke." The stranger lifted his hands and flicked back the cowl of his cloak. A wave of amazement and relief washed over Carmen as she stared into those familiar emerald eyes.
"It's been a long time." He added.
"It most certainly has, Gilderoy."