Tweet Tweet

A/N

Thanks for reading!

I never knew how lucky birds really were. The sensation of flying through the air at high speeds was thrilling. If only I could do this every day. But then I remembered why we were flying this high in the moonlit sky. Josh told us that her real name was Carmen. I shuddered, reminded of those Urban Legends we told at the orphanage. Carmen Winstead. The girl of the sewers. Or should I say, Ghost... I sighed, my wings were beginning to ache, I wasn't used to learning spells just like that! Well I guess I'll have to get used to it. No more nightly meetings. We were on the run. It wasn't as exciting as it sounded. Fear crept up on us, watching us. We were never alone. I don't know hwo long we kept flying, but eventually my wings gave up, falling to the ground. I lay on the ground, turned human again and fell unconscious.

"We should never let her fly like that!" I kept my eyes tight shut, listening to Ivy and Josh

"Yes I know but we had no choice, we would of been burnt to death"

"I hope she comes to soon. We need to keep traveling!"

"Have you no concern of Lola's health?" I knew that was josh talking.

"No! I hate her, she's so annoying!"

"Shh, she could be listening, lets just keep our voices down and wait for Lola to wake up. Okay?"

"Okay.."

~~~

The screaming didn't stop. Neither did the blood. The burn had healed but what Carmen had just done, would leave Ivy scarred for life. Carmen was no ordinary witch, she was the guardian of Farrows bridge...

Lola Summers couldn't understand the dream, until she had a vision.

All she saw were trees then in the distance a canal. A bridge towered over it. Farrows bridge. Connecting evil and good. Ruled by the Devil. Protected by the loyal, guardians. Carmen was one of these guardians, working day and night to keep good from attacking and bringing evil into the good world. Kidnapping children, burning them to death...  Carmen is Princess Carmen Mellower of Farrow. Daughter of the Devil.

I remember laying in the grass, peacefully. But what had been going through my head seconds before, was not peaceful. Carmen was the devil's Daughter! That must be how they knew of my powers, and how she got hers. But what did they want with us. Wait where is us? I looked around frantically for Ivy and Josh but couldn't see them. They ditched me. No. Maybe it was Carmen. I shook off the thought quickly. We flew far, she wouldn't of caught up with us. But why leave me? I need to find some shelter, and try and conjure an invisibility spell. The brilliantly blue sky was showing little sign of rain, but right now, rain is the least of my worries. In the palace, Ivy had told me what to do if I was ever somewhere now. Run as far as you can. Take shelter. Conjure an invisibility spell and a ghostifiy spell. Without a ghost spell, I'd be invisible, but someone or something could still smell me or touch me. I didn't want that happening.

Soon after I uncovered a cave, it didn't look to stable, but it would do. Quickly I did the spells needed and layed down to sleep. Feeling as safe as anyone could possibly be in this situation.

~~~

Smoke. My first instinct was to run. Just as I saw discretely stretching my muscles and preparing my sprint spell, I noticed something. I wasn't on the hard rocky floor, I was in a bed. When I listened really carefully, I could hear footsteps. Silent caring footsteps. I wonder if.. No. You must stop thinking every woman you meet is your mother! You're 10. Old enough to start looking for a boy friend and making a family. Producing London's Future Except I wasn't in Russia, I was in London. I didn't feel old enough. All I wanted was a normal life, finding a boy friend, getting married. I took a few minutes to picture my boyfriend. He'd be tall with olivey eyes, a cute nose and joyous, tempting lips. He wouldn't be super rich but he wouldn't be poor. He'd be just right. Lola Summers right.

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled. There was the boy of my dreams... Where did he go?

"Lewis!" I called out. Wait, how did I know his name. The world is a scary place...

A/N

Only 43 more reads until the competition.

Lol =

"Shh, she could be listening, lets just keep our voices down and wait for Lola to wake up. Okay?"

"Okay.."

"Maybe okay will be our always."

"Okay."

"Stop flirting with me Ivy Grace."

I had to write that..

Anyway.. Thanks for reading!

 WORD COUNT: 816 (including authors notes)