26- Birthday party.

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Angel says, smiling at me. They all leave. Lucian and Blake look at me, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Damien here?" Lucian grits out.

"No. Just her. I invited her." I say, softly. Blake put her hand on my shoulder.

"You seem happy with her here. I know today is hard without him here." I let out a breath. "As long as you're happy, then we're happy."

"But we do want you to move back to the states." Gwen says, frowning. I smile at them.

"I know. I don't want Demitri going to school here. I mean, no offence but I would want to move back to the states for him going to school. Do I know where yet? Not really. Still weighing my options."

"It's up to you wherever you want to move to." I sigh.

"I know."

--

I watched as Demitri talked to the stars. Blake and Lucian left a few hours ago, wanting to drop Jayden off at his grandparents' house before it was too late. Angel and the others went to bed about 30 minutes ago. I mean, it was around 10. Just me and Demitri were up. He wanted to talk to the stars before he went to bed.

Demitri came back inside and climbed onto my bed. He sniffled.

"What's wrong buddy?" I ask, going over to him. I sat in front of him. He climbed into my lap and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Is daddy in heaven?" I frowned. "I heard you talking about it. I didn't mean to."

"Yeah, daddy is in heaven." I say, softly. "He's safe now."

"Can he hear us?" He asks, softly. I nod.

"Of course he can. Whenever you talk to the stars or the sky, he's always listening."

After a few minutes of us cuddling, he looks at me. I look at him.

"I'm tired."

"You want to sleep in here or in your own bed?" I ask, curious.

"My bed." I nod and stand up.

He wrapped his legs around my waist and arms around my neck. I held on to him and went towards his room. I put him down on his bed and kissed his cheek. I pulled the covers up and tucked him in.

"I love you, my sweet baby. Happy birthday." I whispered. He smiled.

"Goodnight mom. I love you." I turned his nightlight on before I shut his door.

I walked back to my room, with tears in my eyes. I sigh and grab a cigarette. I put it in my mouth and went out to my balcony. I lit it and inhaled the smoke. Making me sigh out in relief.

"You know smoking is bad for you." I slowly looked at Killian.

"You should know not to sneak up on a woman, Killian." I grumble out. He laughs.

"Oh well. You're still alive and if I didn't know better, you would pull your gun on me. It is in your waist band along with four different knives on you. Two strapped to your ankles and another two in your bracelets." I narrowed my eyes.

"You don't know that."

"I do. I study people and I studied you." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you did."

"Why are you sad?" He asks, noticing my teary eyes. I shrug. "Maeve, you know I'm your friend."

"It's the first year without Malcolm here at a birthday party." I mumble. He furrowed his eyebrows. "My ex. He, uh, he's dead. Died during a car accident."

"Oh. I'm sorry." I shrugged and looked away from him.

"It's fine. Wasn't your fault." I mumble.

"Can I ask what happened?"

"We were on a drive. He lost control of the car, making us crash into a tree. I wasn't hurt, just a few broken ribs. He, uh, he got it worse. He died in front of my eyes. Nobody else was hurt besides us. The next week we were supposed to attend Adaline's 3rd birthday party."

"He's the father for both kids?" Killian asks, confused.

"No. Um, Demitri's dad is in hell. Malcolm stepped up and became the dad both kids needed. Demitri's dad is a son of a bitch."

"He raped you, didn't he?" Killian asks, softly.

"Yeah. What's even worse is that we're related by blood. The even worse part is that he practically made me with the bitch I call a mother." Killian tensed up. "He's dead so it's whatever."

"You don't care about that? You don't seem angry. Why?" I looked at Killian.

"I was angry. Angry every time he raped me. I lost all contact with William when Demitri came into the world. When I first got to hold Demitri, my hate subsided. I couldn't be mad at the person who gave me my son even if he was born the worst way possible."

"I'm sorry for your loss, Maeve." I shrug.

"It's fine."

"It's not fine."

"I know but I want it to be though." He opened his arms, offering a hug. I put my cigarette out after I took another drag. I blew out the smoke and hugged him. "You smell good." He laughed and I smiled.

Happy Easter! Hope you guys had a good day!

Share. Comment. Vote.