31 - I'll Go To Him

HELLO MY LOVELY PURPLES!! I'm so sorry I disappeared for a month. As bad as it is, who's honestly surprised at this point? Anyway— I'm sorry I kept you guys waiting. Once I got accepted into Harvard, I've just been prepping a bunch so I'm prepared.

I'll try to get caught up on this. From what my drafts say, we should have 4 more chapters to go! 😭😭😭 Honestly, It's so sad that this book is getting finished before VANTAE and my other ones will 😅😅 Anyways— hope you all enjoy!

It was finally the big day.

Going back home to Korea, then having to deal with an annual work party mere hours after returning. Jungkook already expected to be sick to his stomach due to the flight lag, so thinking about having to see Yoongi's face made it ten times worse, and his skin crawled with goosebumps. He flinched at the thought and let his eyes close shut, the thought giving a migraine to his frontal lobe and causing his sickness to increase.

He didn't know how the talk with Yoongi would go. What he did know was that if it turned out like any of their other confrontations did, he'd leave forever and confined in Jimin about staying with him for the time being. It wasn't like he wanted to work things out with Yoongi, but he knew they were both at fault. Maybe, if Jungkook had actually been emotionally available to Yoongi throughout their relationship, then the other wouldn't have the thought of needing someone else's attention. Yoongi could've easily gone about it in a different way, but Jungkook didn't blame him for doing what he did.

Not for as long as he did, or for what he did. Because, in a sense, they both did the same. One being physical, the other being emotional. He'd be a hypocrite if he blamed everything solely on Yoongi. Of course, the physical abuse was a whole different story. Jungkook never deserved that. No one ever did.

Jungkook jumped as there was a knock near him, dark eyes glancing over his shoulder to see the brunette in a suit, looking at his watch then at Jungkook. His blue contacts were in, making him look even more like the boy from the past. "Are you ready?"

Jungkook exhaled deeply and turned back around to face away from the other. After snuggling up to him all night and crying his heart out, he could finally think with a clear mind. He had to be just as mad at Taehyung as he was at Yoongi. But at this point, he knew it was different. Because he felt love for Yoongi. He had always been in love with Taehyung. He didn't want Yoongi, even if they sorted their shit out. They'd live a life full of lies if they went back to how things were.

What were the risks of trying out a new live with Taehyung?

Not like he'd ever consider it. Taehyung made it clear that whatever happened in Hawaii, stayed in Hawaii. They both agreed on it. So their love— it never happened. It was, once again, non existent.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I don't want to go home."

"I can't just leave you here, Jungkook—"

"I don't want to go to my home," Jungkook corrected, sitting up on the loveseat, getting off of it. He couldn't go back to his and Yoongi's home. That place, the memories, were all false. When exactly did their live die? Was it when Yoongi realized Jungkook's heart was still set in the one who broke it? Or maybe some time after that— or even before.

"Is he picking you up?"

"From the airport?" Jungkook grabbed his carry on bag, the only thing that wasn't packed into the car. "Yeah."