𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘥

11:51 pm

George was sitting at his desk, wrapped in his favorite blanket- the one his grandma had made him 11 years ago for his 9th birthday. It was old and tattered in a few places, but it was one of the things in life that made George feel safe. The led lights that hung messily along the edges of the ceiling were casting a blue hue around his room, and his little cat was curled up on his bed, sleeping peacefully. He was sitting in a call with his friends Clay and Nick, awaiting his 20th birthday.

The birthday that would change everything.

"So Gogy, are you nervous to see your soulmate for the first time?" Nick asked him teasingly.

George paused for a moment before speaking. "Sort of. I mean i'm more nervous about what i'll do when I wake up."

Clay spoke up for the first time in awhile. "What do you mean George?" 

"Well, whoever pops up in my head tonight is my soulmate- which is why i'm not scared about who will be there. But I am worried about what I will do when I wake up because what if I don't know them? What if they live halfway across the world and I never get to see them in real life? What if I spend my entire life searching for someone that doesn't want to be found?" George replies.

"Hey George, don't worry about that. I mean I've been having the dreams for around 4 months now and I don't think I've ever seen anybody even close to my soulmate. Plus, it took my parents 4 years to find each other. For some it takes even longer. Just get excited- you get to see your soulmate for the first time tonight!" Clay replied reassuringly.

"Yeah George, stop being the party pooper on your own birthday," Nick added in a joking tone"

"Hey, it's not my birthday yet- there's still," George squinted down at the little clock in the corner of his monitor "3 minutes left!"

"AAAAHHH I'M SO EXCITED!! My little Georgie is growing up so fast," Nick said.

George rolled his eyes at this. Nick, or as he often went by online, Sapnap, could be so dramatic at times. He was one of his best friends though. "Alright sippy cup, spare me the dramatics. Are both of you still down to be on my birthday stream tommorow?"

Clay spoke up, "Yeah! I have set up something super special on the server and I think it'll be really fun"

"Okay yeah, thanks Clay I'm looking forward to it. Oh guys! There's a minute left!"

"Come on Clay! We have to start counting down!" Nick yelled enthusiastically.

"Okay okay... let's do this thing," Clay replied.

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

George took a deep breath and smiled. He was so grateful for his best friends, and he was so excited to meet his soulmate.

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

George braced himself to blow out the candle he had stuck into a cupcake and lit moments before.

"2!"

"1!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOGY!!" Clay and Nick cried out as George blew out the candle.

"GEORGE! How do you feel? Like a changed man?" Sapnap asked laughing.

"Uhhh, no snap map sorry. I feel the same as I did a minute ago." George said with a giggle.