Chapter 54:Giving the News

Start from the beginning

Sophia and Luca chuckle as she side swipes them going towards the door. Taylor knocking before walking in. Luca and Sophia stop at the door watching as Taylor covers her eyes. 

"IS IT SAFE?!?"

With that both Luca and Sophia bust out laughing as Jess comes to the entrance with Destiny on her hip. Her lips in a wide grin as she walks to Taylor gently pulling down her hand. Taylor glancing back at Sophia and Luca. 

"You can never be too careful now."

Sophia along with the elder sister just shake their head at Taylor. She however is already gushing over the baby taking her from Jess' arms as she hands the bottle of champagne over to her. Taylor walks away talking with Destiny as if she would answer. Jessica turns her attention to the other two. 

"I tried reaching you on your cell to invite you guys but you didn't pick up." Jess says as she walks forward to embrace her sister. 

"Sorry, my phone was turned off for a bit." She bites her bottom lip stealing a glance at Luca. He was already staring at her with his signature smirk.

Jess pulled back from her sister sliding her hands down her arms before gripping her hands. "Well I am glad you are here now, are you guys staying for dinner to-"

Sophia smiles as Jess's right hand begins moving around the ring on her left hand. Her eyes slowly going down as she lifts Sophia's hand up. 

AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Sophia giggles as Jess screams out her lungs. The sounds of rushing footsteps quickly follow. Jessica was still frozen holding Sophia's hand up in the air as her eyes remained glued on it. Brad and Taylor with lil Destiny come to stand on each side of Jessica. Their eyes following her line of sights receiving almost an identical reaction. Both of their mouths falling open as they stared at the ring. Taylor was the first to come out of the trance as her eyes snap up to Sophia. 

"That's why you panicked outside!"

Sophia giggles and hears the familiar deep chuckle come up to her side. Luca's back against her chest hugging her around the waist. Her body leaning back into his warmth even as Jessica continues holding her hands. Jessica finally begins to unfreeze as her eyes fill up with tears of happiness as she looks to her baby sister. Her eyes then going to the man behind her. 

"It's about time..." she says lowly but Sophia still catches it. 

"You knew?!" Her eyes snapping back over her shoulder to an amused looking Luca before turning back to her sister. 

"He asked me my thoughts a few weeks back. He didn't tell me when but I thought he would have done it while in Thailand."

"Me too! I had a bet going on with Jess on which night. Boss, you owe me $20!"

Luca chuckles at Brad. Brad holds out his hand for a bro hug making Luca release Sophia to give it to him. Taylor and Jess hugging the red hair beauty with the stunning ring. Brad then turns to hug Sophia as Jess surprisingly brings Luca in a for a warm hug. He gives it to her hearing her soft words of congratulations to him. He is released only to see Taylor standing there with a hand on her hip. 

"So calling her Mrs. Boss wasn't wrong?"

"Absolutely not." 

She giggles stepping forward to hug him. Her whispered words catching him off guard, "Thank you Luca."

He pulls back looking down at her curiously. Her face in soften expression as she looks to Sophia. Luca's eyes following hers to find his love still being held by Brad who is refusing to release her. Taylor speaks so lowly he almost doesn't catch it. "She deserves the best Luca... and you are just that."

His eyes snapping to her but she continues looking to Sophia with such care that he almost brought her in for another hug. Taylor was, simply put, amazing. It wasn't for her skills at her job, which were superb, but it was the heart of gold she carried. Darren better not fuck this up Luca thought. 

Taylor steps away from him and he stands there for a moment admiring this group of people. He had never felt like he could belong. Everyone looking at him either with desire or fear... not just as a person. Yet here he stands as his workers and love embrace him like any other man. Not acting as anything other than their true selves. 

As Taylor hands over Destiny to Jess, she pries Sophia from Brad's unrelenting grasp. The red head beauty giggling at their antics before turning around to find Luca standing there in deep thought but his lips were in a small smile. She walked over to him before taking his hands into her own. The group seeing them made a silent exit to the dining room. Sophia gives him a small kiss before tugging him along. 

That evening the group sat and celebrated. Not only Brad becoming Destiny's one and only father, but the newly engaged couple. Sophia watched through out the meal on how Brad took care of Destiny. It was heart melting how deeply this man cared for a child that originally wasn't his own. It was clear though, he thought of the little princess as much his as Jessica's. Her eyes shifting to Jess to find her already looking to her man and daughter with a beautiful smile. 

Taylor had spoken about how her art exhibition would be coming up in a few weeks. Everyone had agreed to attend except Brad who said he would stay at home with the baby. Luca had spoken saying he could ask his mother if she could help. Sophia kissed him for his thoughtfulness as Brad thanked him. The rest of the evening was spent in joyful stories, laughter spread throughout and jokes on each other. 

Jess pulled Sophia aside at the end of the night telling her privately how happy she was for her and more importantly, how happy their parents would have been. Sophia broke down in tears needing to hear that. Jess held her for some time being the mother she had become to her baby sister. Luca stood back watching the sisters and thinking of his own. Jessica then hugged her soon to be brother-in-law once more before they left the house. 

The ride back to their current home was relaxing and smooth. Luca's hand holding Sophia's leg while Sophia leans over the console wrapping her arms around his as her head rest on his shoulder. 

"Hey Luca?" her words soft as she was sleepy.

"Yes love..." He says equally soft to not stir her from her state. 

"I am happy you are my forever." Her eyes closing as she begins to fall into slumber. 

Luca glances away from the road momentarily as he kisses the side of her head. His heart leaping at her sleepy declaration. He could never get enough of how she makes him feel. 

"Me too tesoro... me too."

When they arrive, he is gentle in moving her so he could exit before going around to carry her. It was late and the area was empty as he got them in the elevator going up to his place. Upon arrival, he takes her to their room before locking up the house and changing out of his suit. He then helps a sleeping Sophia into one of his comfy shirts. A small smile tugging on her sleeping face making him wonder if she really was asleep. Regardless, he slipped in beside her and didn't waste a moment before pulling her onto him. His soul feeling utterly complete.