The Murder

Once Ophelia had arrived home she made the call to the family. It wasn't the best phone call. There was lots of sobbing, asking for promises, and adding others to the call. It was probably the longest phone call Ophelia had to make.

When she finishes the call, dinner had arrived. Her and James sat down at the table and put the pizza box in the middle.

"So, how is the case coming along?" James asked.

"Relax. It's only been one day." Ophelia responded.

"Just tell what happened."

"Fine. It looks like the killer went straight in then straight out. Then one of the cops told me I had to phone the family. Then I spent the rest of the day there at the scene. What about you?"

"Well, my case is almost finished. But that is because, I got it before you."

"Yeah that seems correct."

After dinner they go to bed. But Ophelia couldn't sleep. She had made the bad decision to promise the family she would find the killer. You should never promise the family anything. After tossing and turning for ages, she finally decides to go back to the apartment and get more answers. 

She gets in her car and starts driving. She pulls up at the building. She goes into the apartment but, she isn't alone. She turns on her torch and something reflects the light. But that thing was moving. Closer and closer to her. Then a sharp pain went into her chest. She felt it going further and further. She tried screaming but it was like she couldn't speak. By this time she was on the ground. The sharp pain was a knife. She shone her torch up. She saw the face of the killer. Before they pushed the knife in to reach her heart she says;

"Good bye Ophelia!"

So many thing rushed to her head. Why were they here? How did they know I would be here? Why me? Was this also the victims killer? So many more questions rushed to her. But they were all interrupted by the knife. The last push went in. The last thing she saw, was the crazed smile on the killers face. Then everything went black.