Chapter 6 - Sophie

Ro just grabbed Keefe and led him into another room for a small 'chat' right as he was going to tell Sophie her dare. She was a little worried, but knew that there was nothing to worry about so she started to count the seconds that passed. Unknowingly she found herself pulling on one of her eyelashes. Everyone else wasn't panicking so Sophie tried her best to stay calm. She kept finding herself panicking much more than normal nowadays, might be because they defeated the Neverseen. Now that they did, after all those years... You aren't really sure about the world and some things can pop up unexpected. She closed her eyes and as she counted to 10, she opened them, to see everyone staring at her.

"What's happening?" Sophie asked.

"Oh, I don't know... just that being a telepath yourself, you could eavesdrop on Keefe and Ro's conversation instead of panicking and picking out all of your eyelashes" said Biana. And she did have a point. But Sophie didn't want to invade Keefe's personal stuff but she was also curious. "I guess there's no trouble in looking... I mean, I'm just doing this so I know Keefe is safe, right?" Sophie said, fidgeting with her panic ring.

"Right".

Sophie closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She reached out her consciousness to the room Keefe was in with Ro. She could tell that they just finished their conversation but she was able to get the last sentence Keefe said in his mind... "Sophie can never know my feelings for her".

Sophie flinched and everyone else could tell something happened. What she heard could mean anything, maybe Keefe was annoyed by her. Or that she was being too shy or that she was being snoopy. Yes definitely the snoopy one. But, she felt something as Keefe said those words. She felt a warm and fuzzy feeling and she knew that wasn't her emotions. She wasn't sure how to interpret it, she wasn't an empath after all. She opened her eyes just as Keefe walked into the room. Sophie put what Keefe said in her deal with later box in her mind. Right now, she needed to have fun.