Alex Albon - This is my show I. (AU)

Start from the beginning

" Are you coming with me today, or do I get to finally finish a job on time and without any mess-ups? " Alex asked as they walked down the hallways together, Lando snorting at the audacity his colleague had for calling him out like that. " Don't even try to argue. We both know I wasn't the one getting almost caught the last time. " Alex elbowed his side, the younger one taking a few faster steps to get away from him before another attack could arrive at his ribs.

" It's your job today. It's a public collection and the media pass will be perfectly enough to get you inside. " Lando shrugged a little, knocking on the big door when they arrived at the end of the hallway. The boss' assistant let them inside, sitting them down until George was ready for them. " Everyone was jealous that you got to write about this one. If they would know what goes down in the background... " He let out a laugh and Alex let a smile get onto his face. He has been with the 'team' longer than Lando, making him the more experienced of the two of them, but he would have been a great challenger for Alex if they were in the same position.

" If they knew we would be in jail already. " Alex snorted, pocketing both of his hands as they waited for the other big glass door to finally open. It was darkened enough that no one could see inside but it still matched the style of the whole of the office with all the shiny glass doors and huge windows. " Sometimes I wish that more people knew about this side. Then I remember the few idiots we work with, and how they would mess up everything. You're already here for that position. " He patted Lando's thigh, pulling away when he received a fist into his shoulder in the next second.

A few minutes later the assistant let them in, asking them to sit down as George was still on the phone. As two of the few people that he worked very close with neither of them were a threat to a private call anyways. Alex sat down in one of the chairs right across from the desk crossing his legs and patiently waiting, while Lando went to get himself a drink like he was in his own office. George just rolled his eyes at the younger one's antics, while he tried to concentrate on the words thrown at him over the line. When he finally put the devic down Lando was already sitting in the other chair, taking small sips from the glass in his hands as he was never the best with alcohol but still liked to have a drink once in a while. Mostly when it was free, even though one glass at a bar wouldn't kill his wallet or bank account. Not any of theirs really.

" So, about today's job. Alex, you're going to the exhibition today if I remember right. " George asked, leaning back in his seat, his face relaxing a bit as business talks were always more frustrating than planning things that brought him profit almost immediately. " We already have your media pass and a map ready, and they also should have your name on their list. " He pulled one of his drawers open, pulling the mentioned items out onto the desk adding a card to the bunch that Alex suspected to be an entry card to the backstage of the exhibition. He wasn't about to ask questions about how they managed to get one, as there were things even he didn't want to know about. " Are you taking anything else? " George asked as Alex pulled everything closer to himself, already looking through the map.

" You mean a gun? No, thank you. I managed without until now and I'm not changing that for this one time. " Alex shook his head, not looking up but hearing the sigh both men let out. Even though all his actions were illegal, violence wasn't on his plate ever. He would rather choose intelligence and smarting people out than hurting them when he got in trouble. " It will be quicker and more effective to act as a stupid reporter who just went to places he shouldn't. " He added, looking up at his friend and boss, both of them knowing that Alex had enough self defense training to get himself out of tight situations.

" Good luck then. I will have to get to meetings but Lando will be on the line if you need help. We will talk about everything else tomorrow. " George nodded, the others getting up and leaving the office as soon as Alex put everything away, not to give the people outside any more ideas than they already had. The simmering adrenaline was already there as they separated, Lando getting back to his work while Alex took the elevator down to the parking lot.