Lando Norris - Flying High

It was already day 12 when it was finally Y/N's time. Her and the team have been in Tokyo right from the start of the 2021 Olympics, getting all the horses settled and enjoying the few days they had before it was time for their sport. It wasn't all about relaxing as they had to keep up both their and the horses fitness but was nothing like the chaos that started when the sun came up on the 2nd of August. A day prior to the competition day was always the most stressful, as it was the last chance to get ready for the following day's challenges. At the same time, the next day she woke up as relaxed as ever, surprising even herself not just the people around her. Both of her teammates thought they would have to calm her down and be there for her, but turns out Y/N was as ready as she could have been. Nothing could hold her back from enjoying her first opportunity of this size. Not even stress.

As she was the first one at the stable from the team, Y/N decided to quickly check up on all the horses and not just hers. They were all up and already munching on their breakfast, looking as content as possible. Taking three carrots from their small set up closet, giving one to each of them and then getting on with her usual routine. It was nothing fancy, just getting her horse, Texas, clean once again and making sure everything is perfectly fine with her. They were already checked by a vet, but one more all-around will never hurt anyone.She was just about to leave her mare's stall when some footsteps caught her attention. Turning towards the entrance of the stable she could see a male figure coming her way and just seconds later she already knew who it was.

" Lando! " Y/N gasped, her legs already moving so they could meet in the middle. As soon as she got to him her arms flew around his neck, hugging him close. " I thought you're only gonna be here in the afternoon. " She let go of him so she could look up at him finally.

" Yes, but they got me an earlier flight. " He shrugged a little but let out a laugh when Y/N hugged him again as tight as she just could. After not seeing each other for months, she wasn't about to separate from him. " I think someone's a bit jealous. " He snickered, looking behind them where Texas was looking out of her stall, straight at them. Lando knew Y/N's horse quite well as on most of his off days he accompanied her to the stables or competitions.

" She had me for the past half a year almost. She can take a day or two where she's not in the spotlight. " Y/N rolled her eyes, looking at Texas for a second and then immediately back at his boyfriend. " I can't believe you're here. " She shook her head a litt, finally meeting him in a quick kiss.

" Me neither. I was scared I would miss your huge Olympic debut because of some stupid flights. " He sighed, but let her step out of their hug as he knew she still had things to do. " But it looks like even the world wants me to be here. This can only mean a good outcome for today. " He grinned, following Y/N to the stall and let Texas sniff his hands for treats.

" Huge debut... I'm happy with just not falling off in front of the crowd, really. " Y/N shook her head with a laugh, handing Lando half an apple so he could give it to the mare. " Getting to ride the course is already more than I would have asked for. " She added, smiling fondly at the scene between two of the most important parts of her life.

" Well, even Flo thinks you have a chance, and she knows a bit about the sport. " Lando shrugged a little, leaning on the stall door while Y/N got inside again, to continue from where she left off. " And don't you dare act up, or there's no treat sneaking for the rest of your life. " He tried to threaten Texas who was a bit known for her tantrums but only succeeded to make Y/N laugh.

Just minutes later the other two of the team arrived, as the stable slowly filled up with people all getting ready for the day. They still had a small training session to go through before their category starting in the evening. After getting the horses all tacked up they had some help from the grooms to get to the inside arena set up already with different obstacles all around the place. With one last pull to the girth, making sure the saddle was stable, Y/N was off to warm up while Lando watched from the stands, trying not to be a distraction. Even like this Y/N caught herself looking towards him several times between runs over the obstacles.