Forgive me

•Colson•

I said goodbye to Lillie and attempted to close the door

"Wait" She started with a very UNattractive bite at her lip. I tried my hardest not to cringe at her bad attempt of being sexy- luckily it was so dark that she'd barely be able to see my facial expression.

"So, what does this make us?" She asked.

I sighed lowly, remembering how I just had sex with her. I didn't mean to give her false hope, I was just really mad at Marigold. That still didn't give me the right to play with this poor girl's feelings.

"Lillie, it's like four in the morning. I don't really wanna have that kind of conversation right now." I admitted

She stomped her feet and huffed, "Colson! I drove out in the freezing cold in the early hours of the morning just to get here and be with you!" She whisper-yelled

"Lillie, I told you a while ago that I seek no relationship out of this. You knew what it was, but I'm sorry if I led you on."

Her bottom lip poked out, and she began to cry lightly.

"Lillie, please. You have an entire husband at home. Go back to him, be good to him. We can't do this anymore" And with that, I shut the door and locked it.

I started making my way back to my bedroom when I suddenly heard laughs coming from down the hall. I followed the sounds of soft laughter to Mouse's room. The door was cracked open, I peered in to see the silhouettes of Mouse and Pete on the bed.

"Y'all are really toxic, you know that?" I heard Pete say. There was a brief moment of silence before I heard, "But made for each other".

I guessed they were discussing the events from earlier, how Mouse and I fought.

I can't stand her, she makes me so mad..But so happy at the same time.

She does so much stupid stuff- but so do I.

She irks my last nerves, and I'm sure I do the same.

"Maybe I should talk to him" Mouse mumbled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You think? You two need to communicate better- you fight over small stuff"

"This wasn't small, Pete. It was a really big fight" Mouse said, sitting up

"It could have been resolved if you two stopped yelling and talked it through"

"I made out with his friend, Pete. I doubt he wanted to have a reasonable conversation"

"Does Colson know that that son of a b*tch lied to you?" Pete asked

"I said it to him but we were both too upset to really comprehend what the other was saying" Mouse admitted

She did tell me what that lying motherf*cker said.

But my thing is, why believe him? I was trying my best to show Mouse that I loved her, was trustworthy, and was ready to be with her. We didn't just have sex all the time. We talked from sun up to sun down, went on little dates, laughed and cried with one another, and we'd stare into each other eyes until we both fell asleep in one another's arms.

I can't get mad at her for being cautious- she's been hurt in the past. But this makes me think that she doesn't see all the effort I'm putting in.

I guess I kinda debunked all that effort when I brought Lillie over.

I can't do that again. I want Marigold- I wanna be with her.

I tuned back into Pete and Mouse and seen he was giving her a kiss on the cheek then walking towards the door. I moved out the way and allowed Pete to walk out. He didn't see me at first, but when he did, he jumped severely and backed up against the wall"

"Colson!" He whispered,'"What is wrong with you? You scared the sh*t outta me".

"Sorry" I apologized. We walked to my room and I switched on the light.

"I heard y'all's conversation." I confessed. Pete sighed and nodded.

"Good. So you know Minnie is extremely sorry about what happened"

"Yeah, I am too. But I feel like there's a lot more we need to address. Like- for instance, her not trusting me"

"She has trust issues, Colson. And let's not forget you JUST brought a girl in here because you were mad at her. Let's see how much trust she has after this"

"That was a mistake!" I insisted, "And I'm definitely going to apologize to her."

"When?" He questioned

My eyes darted to the clock that read 4:32 am.

"When she wakes up" I decided

"She's awake now though. Don't put this off, I rather you guys not go to sleep upset"

He got up and walked out, leaving me with my thoughts. After a short deliberation, I settled on apologizing now.

I quickly ran to Mouse's room and turned her light on. She was laying down, but her eyes were fully open.

We made eye contact for a while. I loved her big brown eyes, and how they studied me. She looked so gorgeous, but her face gave off a rather sad expression.

"Forgive me?" She whimpered after a little while

I walked over to her bed and sat down, pulling her into me.

"I'm so sorry" she cried into my chest

I rubbed her back and kept mumbling I love you's and I'm sorry's.

"I don't wanna fight like that anymore" Her words came out in whispers- she sounded so cute.

"Me neither" I kissed her forehead and rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep.

____________________
Sorry for mistakes ❤️