Chapter 10

Hey there my Lycans and Lunas! I'm uploading this two minutes prior to the new year and I was in a rush to get it done before the new year so I didin't edit but later I'll go back and edit. Comment and Enjoy!!! Happy New Year!!!!!

My phone vibrating on the nightstand woke me out of my sleep that morning. I glanced at the alarm clock that read 3:45 in too bright red numbers. Burying my face in my pillows again I felt for my phone. It had already stopped vibrating so it could only be a text. I unlocked the screen and started to read the message from Dave.

Shop’s closed for the day, I don’t feel well. Rest and eat a good breakfast but get your ass to school!

I pull my other hand out from the warm covers so I can reply. I hope you feel better. Let me know if you need anything. i then put my phone back and drown in the warmth of my covers again. I didn’t bother replying to him about my school. I had already been out for over a week and it wasn’t like I was really missing anything from my regular classes. My homework buddy sent my copies of the work through email everyday. As long as I turn everything in when I get back then there should be no problem. Not to mention the extended weekend we had for the teacher work day.

And besides, I didn’t want to deal with people right now. Especially not Nathan. Dave called me up after my depart to tell me that Nathan was banging on my door begging to know if I was okay. He made snide remarks as to how he was so worried for my new crush and how I had hurt Nathan like a puppy getting beat by a newspaper by suddenly leaving like that. I explained over six times that there was no chance between me and Nathan because A; he was straight, and B; I wasn’t going to fall for a guy so easily like that. After all I had been through, there was no chance.

 After my scene last week I flew back to Florida to see me Vincent, my psychiatrist of four years. Each session is nearly a hundred bucks and all he can tell me is that ‘these dreams are normal. All you need is to come to terms with your past’ blah, blah, blah…

The phone vibrated again and I picked it up with a loud groan. New quarter, start fresh.  Was all there was to it. Stupid Dave, thinking I’m going to school… and on a Monday! Not to mention that I had a concussion from what Sam did to me along with a few bruises on my torso. There was no way that I was going to go to school today.

****

Walking into the school building, I was in a grouchy mood. I went back to sleep for only half an hour and after that I couldn’t even close my eyes anymore. I went to starbucks and got a cranberry orange muffin with a large iced caramel mocha even though we were transitioning between fall and winter already. This only made me feel slightly better up until I arrived in the school parking lot.

There Nathan stood laying kisses all over his girlfriend. See, no chance. I told that part of my mind that held the thoughts of him that lingered since he left my apartment more than a week ago. With a roll of my eyes, I walked into the building through the back.

I’ll go to my locker and then just read in the library until class starts. That was the plan that I made to myself and I intended to keep it all the way. I dumped all my stuff in my locker and headed to the library. Mrs. Lam greeted me with a warm smile.

“Lukas! Where have you been sweetheart? I’ve missed you all week.” Mrs. Lam was a sweet old lady. She was around the same age as the nurse and her grandson. Kevin, even went to this school. She was amercan asian and liked to keep her hair up in a bun. On special occasions she would where a kimono or a traditional Korean dress since she was a mix of both. But today she only wore a simple t-shirt and loose fitting jeans.

I smiled back at her. “Sorry Mrs.Lam. I had to go visit family and then after that I wasn’t feeling well.” I told her which wasn’t a lie at all. After I had visited Vincent I went and stayed with my aunt for a while before coming back.  My aunt was at all as extreme as my dad, in fact, she helped testify against him. She wanted me to live with her instead of my sister but I turned her down just because I wasn’t very comfortable being around her as she too was pretty religious.