Prologue

Prologue

Dilawar Malik drove his car amidst the heavy fog and mist. He wished to spend all his anger in a fast drive, but he knew it was near than safe to drive on such a speed, with the thick blanket of fog covering the roads. He was surely not happy with the turn his life took and the events that came up with it.

He was a free person, who had plans for his life ahead. A life he wished to live in the place he considered home, the States, where he was brought up his entire life. Not this repugnant place, his family called home.

And to worsen all, he had a betrothed, he didn't know existed until a few weeks ago, sitting on his name, in a village filled with illiterate inhabitants. He drove the car slowly and steadily to his destination, to the Shah's, where his future wife resided.

He was boring an irate mood, which was seemingly crushing all it's weight on him. No one had any right to command him to do whatsoever. Especially, in matters like these where his life was being questioned. The matters of marriage, because he had always thought of marrying for love, not greed.

He did not want to be in an arrangement where two people are tied into a knot like cattles. It was a sacred thing, not a mean to earn more wealth. Especially when it involved two human beings, who were forced instead of a choice of their own.

The mere thought of an innocent girl, weaving dreams of the nuptials with him, instead of a future filled with far more better things than marriage, had him disgusted to the core. What if she had dreams of her own? The dreams which held more superiority than a knot with a person she never met her entire life.

He knew that his father's words held the utmost importance, the finality in them, and he was supposed to obey them without any resistance. Why couldn't his father understand what he wanted? Why was he interfering in his life as if he held the reigns of it? But none of his anger or resentment would do anything. He couldn't disobey him. He wasn't given the choice to do so.

So, here he had left the hotel after his arrival in Pakistan, on his own, instead of waiting for the men, the loyal servants of the Malik's to receive him. If he was not allowed to choose a wife of his own choice, then he will take every step to repeal his father's orders instead of complying.

He didn't realize that he had sped up his car, fairly flying through the mist. He will reach at the villa in no time with this speed, and he was looking forward to see the stalwart, old woman, the housekeeper, Zeena, of whom, he only remembered some glimpse, from his childhood, when he used to visit Pakistan more frequently, especially during summer vacations.

She would undoubtedly be surprised to see him arrive early, but he cared none about it.

Speeding through the thick white blanket of fog, he noticed a figure, a woman walking beside the road. He only had a moments glance before he lost her in the arms of murk. But what was a woman doing outside at this time of day, when hardly any inhabitant was awake.

Dilawar tried to brush it off as it was none of his business, but even though his mind built up thousands of reasons for letting it be, he found himself slowing down and reversing the car in the direction from which he'd just come.

Wrapped up in a big black shawl, she was still walking when he stopped his Jaguar beside her. Her steps halted for a moment when she glanced his way. A pair of big brown eyes, unforgettable beautiful ones, stared at him questioningly.

He took the sight before him with curiosity. Why was a lady like her lurking around in such a weather? Was she in some trouble? Maybe she had some problem at her home and had left the premises of her home, looking for help, he thought.

She started moving again, without sparing him another glance. Dilawar broke out of the trance, and found himself stepping out of the car.

"Are you all right, miss?" The woman in question turned back, the black shawl swaying with her movements and narrowed her eyes at him.

"None, you can solve, sir." Her lips pressed together as she answered.

"I hope I can be of any help, if you need?" Dilawar's voice was laced with concern this time instead of curiosity.

"You do not have to trouble yourself. I am fine." She was about to turn and walk away again but he spoke again.

"No, I was just wondering what a lady like you was doing outside at this time of the day in such a weather?"

"And what do you mean by a lady like me?" She whirled on her toes facing him directly this time with a frown and he only gazed at her eyes, those enchanting pair of brown orbs, that held a sparkle in them.

"No offence, but it isn't safe, you know what I mean." He raised his hands in defence trying to convey the message that he meant no harm.

"I have lived my entire life here, sir. And you need not to worry as I perfectly know my way around." She sighed. "And I am fine, so please be on your way. Thank you." She passed him a smile and started walking.

Dilawar stood there, gaping at the woman in black shawl, walking through the bumps of the track with elegance until she was out of sight, swallowed by the mist. When he realised what he was doing, he shook his head as a smile littered on his face and rounded off towards his black Jaguar.

He no longer felt the rage towards his father anymore but the pleasant fragrance of the jasmines that surrounded him.

He had an idea that a woman living in the rural areas merely had a choice to speak but the way she spoke, fiercely and warmly at the same time, he knew she wasn't someone ordinary.

He regarded her as a free bird, whose wings were yet closed, nurturing themselves for a fly. A fly so high that the world will espy. The only thought that worried him was what if they captured her and caged her among the atrocities of servitude because she was to achieve the glimmer of blooms and stars, not be enslaved.

✦⋆⋆⋆✿⋆⋆⋆✦

Assalam o Alaikum

And here I am with the Prologue.

This plot had been in my mind for a long time now, so please pray that I pen it down with the same enthusiasm as now.

I haven't made any aesthetics yet. So, if anyone who is willing to do so, please contact. Thank you!

Thoughts?

Vote & Comment!