A sweet gesture.

The sun poured in through the ginormous windows, I was bubbling with excitement. I took a shower and quickly headed down for breakfast, to my surprise both the brothers were sitting at a table in the restaurant.

Charles waved at me so I walked towards them, both of them had been waiting for me to be up. I asked him why, he explained that he left behind some papers and needed them.  We headed back to the room, he grabbed the file and was about to leave when I remembered something.

"Charles wait! I got you something!" I rummaged through the bag I took with me to the beach yesterday.

"What is it?"

"Here it is!" I handed him the bandana.

He gave me a big smile taking the bandana but his eyes looked pained.

"Maybe I shouldn't have gotten a navy blue one, you hate it-"

"No Tara-"

"You're always wearing these, I assumed this was a unique colour, I'll get it exchanged I'll get you a red one-"

"Tara will you listen to me!"

"Yes." I calmed down.

"I like it, the blue is unique. Thank you." He smiled.

"I'm glad you did! It's no where close to the gown you gifted me but-"

"No, it's even better. I'm going to wear it." He tied the bandana around his wrist.

He waved goodbye and was off again, both of them set off for the heliport again. I checked my phone to see a notification from Charlotte.

Charlotte: Hey! I'll pick you up at about 11 and then we'll go for brunch. Does that sound good?

Me: That sounds great! What's the plan for today?

Charlotte: I'll show you around the old town, we'll walk the beaches and more food!

Me: YES

Charlotte:😂 see you soon!

I packed my beach bag for the day and headed down, she told me she was five minutes away. I waited for a while and then a sleek, white sedan rolled up.

I waved at her and quickly headed to the car, she had the biggest smile on her face. Mia was in the backseat, trying to squirm free from the seatbelt.

"Don't even think about!" Both of us exclaimed at the same time.

"See! I knew both of you would get along just well."

"So yesterday I talked to her about why she did not believe in friends and it backfired so bad." Charlotte sighed.

"What happened?"

"She has a sharp tongue! She said that-"

"You and papa don't have friends but you do have people who listen to everything you say." Mia beamed.

"I told you she's a bully." I laughed, "Mia! They have lots of friends!"

"Really? Why haven't I seen any of them come over for play dates?"

"That's something only they can answer."

"See! Tara's my friend we're going around town, this is our play date!"

"Oh! So grown ups do boring things and call it play dates?"

I couldn't help but laugh again, the child had no chill. She said things with no filter and that's what made her one of kind, both her parents were reserved and the kind of people that think 15 times before saying anything.