19. Masked Darkness

The two dragons took their stance as they turned to face me. One was black with white eyes as the other was white with black eyes. They stood and began to circle me as they eyed me curiously. I took a deep breath and began to slowly reach for my wand.

As soon as even the smallest tip of my wand began to show from my boot, the dragons began to roar and swing their heads in fury. I released my wand and they stopped. I watched them as they watched me circling me once again.

I took a step forward and they froze stopping me along with them. The crowd was agitated and quiet as they waited for what would happen next. I turned to the crowd searching for one person and one person only.

I soon met the ice blue eyes I had grown up with and using leglimens I was able to communicate with him. 'Uncle Gell! What do I do?'

He nodded acknowledging that he heard me, 'You are smart Scarly. Channel the source of your power and use the masked darkness they call light.'

I gave a slight nod as I was beginning to understand his words, or thoughts. He smirked as he watched me turn to face both dragons. I was now met with the eyes of each dragon.

There wasn't much written about Twin Skeletals only that they were dangerous. And so far I knew they didn't like the presence of my wand. I had to take another route, which would end up revealing my powers to the entirety of the people in the stadium.

I exhaled and closed my eyes. I blocked out the noise and channeled my power. I focused on the darkness within and began to mask it with what the people would call light. I held my arms to my side as I aimed my head held high.

Opening my eyes I kept my focus locked in my mind as I yelled, "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

Without hesitation, a silvery, wisp blue dragon that was ten times its original size appeared. The Thestral was nowhere to be seen as it was only the dragon.

The Twin Skeletals took notice of my dragon and began to chase it as my patronus flew in a different direction

The Twin Skeletals took notice of my dragon and began to chase it as my patronus flew in a different direction. Once they were both in the air I turned and made a break for the egg.

I was ten minutes away from my cousin's record, and if I could beat it I would be first.

Since the Twin Skeletals were born of stones and not eggs my objective was to just get the golden egg, there were no eggs to be careful about. I was beginning to believe that this was easy, that is until I tripped and hit my shoulder off a nearby boulder.

I stood to finish my task but was stopped by the black dragon landing before me, I turned to find the white dragon still chasing my dragon as the black one stood before me unfooled.

I dashed for a nearby boulder and hid just as it roared and sent white fire in my direction. I dodged the fire just in time only leaving my right cheek to be scorched. The heat wasn't what I felt, only the sensation of pain after.