1. Practice Makes Perfect

The dagger went through straight and clean. I stood up and watched as the life left his eyes. Just another muggle trying to hunt down those who possess magic.

I was taught that if I'm being hunted, to turn around and hunt them back.

After disposing the body, I freshened up and made my way to the study. Wiping the bloodstains on my shirt, I opened the door and entered the room.

There my uncle was sitting going over maps and trying to map out his past adventures. It had become a new hobby where he would tell me stories every day, then proceed to find ways of illustrating his experience.

"Uncle Gell, I got rid of the no-mag

"Uncle Gell, I got rid of the no-mag. Dinner is ready, and out back is set up for our lesson after." I spoke as I leaned over his shoulders looking at his illustrations. I dragged my fingers along the indents of the parchment, revealing the black veins that traveled along my arm.

My uncle noticed and took hold of my hand, "Scarly, when did this happen?" I allowed him to examine the marks as I thought back to last year.

"It appeared after I was awoken from my month-induced rest. I never took notice of it after and I'm surprised you didn't see this until now."

"Yes, well we've both been busy. Now don't you worry, see this black vein is the very same that runs along my arms." he lifted his sleeves and exposed the same black lines that were on my arm. He pulled a dusty, brown scroll from off the shelf and unraveled it before me.

The scroll contained images and words that seem to tie to the marks that ran along our arms. As I read the scroll and analyzed the images it was clear that it was dark magic that runs through those veins. This meant that pure dark magic ran throughout my body and I could harness the power without effort.

When my uncle explained everything as we walked side by side to the dining room and proceeded to talk and eat. Once we finished we headed out behind the manor. We stood a few feet apart, just right to the lake.

"Now, since you don't have the trace on you, I'm going to show you how to apparate." I nodded and took my position.

"Okay, first we'll start with your wand and then once you master it you won't need it anymore. Now straighten up."

I stood up tall and focused on the patch of grass before me. "Scarly, remember the three D's. Determination, Destination, and Deliberation."

Repeating the three D's in my head I tried to harness my power and seconds later I appeared behind my uncle.

"Not bad. No splinches, not even a scratch. But I want you to really focus on the destination. Once you do that you'll be spotless."

I repositioned myself once more and really thought hard as I imagined the patch of grass beneath my feet. A few seconds more and I was where I wanted to be, with the patch of green under where I stood.

"Well done! You've done it! Now practice this around the manor and you'll have it down." I nodded and began apparating anywhere I could think of. My uncle had headed back to his wing of the manor and I stayed in the commons and my wing.

I continued to practice as I appeared and disappeared.

I even focused on other spells and charms for safe measure. I was beginning to also manage without my wand.

The night was growing old and all throughout the halls were the distance cracks of the apparation.

Until the doorbell rang.

Grabbing my wand I walked to the front entrance, where I found one of the house-elves standing with someone. Someone tall and wearing a black suit. When I walked out down the grand staircase I saw the unforgettable blonde hair.

 When I walked out down the grand staircase I saw the unforgettable blonde hair

"Draco?" He turned to my voice and his eyes widened upon seeing me. Unable to move, his mouth opened and closed as if looking for words to say.

"Scar. Hi." I dismissed the house-elf and was soon standing only a few feet from Draco.

"Why are you here?" This was the first time I was seeing him since the beginning of summer and even that was almost over. It had been weeks since, and he never wrote once.

He came closer and I could now smell the hint of citrus that teased from his cologne. I met his eyes and was reminded of how much I had missed him.

"Well, I wasn't sure if you would answer a letter so, I'm here to ask if we're still going to the World Cup together?" my eyes widened as I realized I had forgotten.

I completely forgot about the World Cup as I had been practicing non-stop. I was occupied with trying to become more powerful and I was with my uncle the majority of the time.

"I believe so, and if you and your family are wanting to stay, you are more than welcome too." Before I could say anything else he had pulled me into his arms. I felt safe in his arms and didn't want to go anywhere else.

"I missed you so much Scar," he whispered over my shoulder as he held me tighter and I hugged him just the same.

When we pulled apart, I met his grey eyes once more, "I missed you too Draco. Anyways are you planning on staying the night?"

"If that's okay then yes." I nodded and led him to one of the many spare bedrooms.

Draco had been over many times before but this was the first time he was ever staying the night. He had never seen the bedrooms only ever the entrance, ballroom, and dining room.

He followed me up the stairs to the second floor and soon he entered the room across from my own. His eyes had widened like a little kid on Christmas Day, receiving gifts.

"This is enormous. This room is about triple the size of my room." he dropped his belongings and walked around the room afraid to break anything. I watched from the doorway as he carefully traced the intricate designs of the walls alone.

After his excitement died down, he settled in and his parents arrived shortly after. I helped them into their room on the first floor and watched as they had a similar reaction to Draco, though much more matured.

Throughout the arrivals my uncle had been captivated once more by his work, so I let him be.

As the night became older, everyone in the manor had begun to settle down. Soon the halls and rooms were silent and not a single sound was made until the sun would soon shine through the large glass windows.