8. Another Start

Scar's POV ~

Summer had ended and only a few no-mag had gone missing. No one found the cause because I was so good at it. They never suspected the girl who had the trace on her, it'd be too risky and impossible to prove.

Then again what they didn't know was that I was undetectable, no matter how hard they could've tried. It was as if I didn't exist.

The smoke from the train filled the station once more as the fourth year was just beginning. I was loading my trunk and owl onto the train alongside Draco.

We boarded the train and found our compartment as we made our way back to Hogwarts. The ride went quite fast as I had once again fallen asleep against the window, from watching the passing landscape.

I was soon back on Prince, in the fields once more. I was riding fast and carefree, but this time with my parents. We were riding amongst the tall grass and through the trees. Galloping and laughing altogether, until the sky grew dark and the sun turned black.

All at once my mom and dad were taken once more by black smoke. The world started to disappear around me with everything being sucked away. It was all gone.

"Scarlett, wake up we're almost there." Pansy had gently woken me up and had soon informed me that the guys had left to change into the school robes. I grabbed my stuff and we quickly changed in the compartment after blocking all views from outside.

The guys soon returned and it was soon time to leave the train to find the carriages. We waited once more for the new first years to exit before making our way to the carriages.

Walking up to one of the few carriages up at the front, I acknowledged the Thestral and fed it a quick snack. Taking a seat beside Blaise and across from Draco who sat with Pansy. We spoke of the summer and everything we did, almost everything.

I could never really tell them everything, like Draco for instance now knows that I do take lessons and have no trace. He knows I can apparate and do certain types of magic, but he didn't know what I did other than that.

Like torturing no-mag beings for trespassing or just for fun sometimes.

He didn't know that my uncle and I would have practice duels to prepare me for anything. He just didn't know it all.

Once we arrived at the castle, our trunks and pets were all sent to our assigned rooms, though again I still had my private room.

We made our way into the Great Hall and waited for Dumbledore to start the feast. We started chatting quietly as we talked of quidditch games to come.

"Welcome once more to another year." Dumbledore's voice boomed across the hall. Everyone soon had their eyes focused at the front. "Eternal Glory. That is-"

Thunder clapped and the enchanted sky lit up, then through a door off the side and man walked in. He was quite big and had a limp, and he was sporting a patch that held an eye. He walked to the stage off to the side and took a swig of something in his pouch.

"Look there!" Astoria grabbed my arm to get me to look where I was already focused. "Merlin! That's Mad-Eye Moody!"

Soon enough our group all had our eyes narrowed on the new intruder. "Did you know that half the cells in Azkaban are full because of him? Because blimey that's a lot of work."  Blaise spoke as we all watched Dumbledore turn to the visitor.

"Ahh! We have a new professor once more. Everyone, please give a warm welcome to Professor Moody who will be taking the Defence Against The Dark Arts post." Applause broke free and was soon quieted when the doors bursted open.

Filch came running into the hall and straight to the podium where Dumbledore was. He whispered something and soon was running out the same way he arrived.

I turned to Blaise and Draco, confused, "What d'you reckon that was about?" they shrugged and we gave our attention to the headmaster once more.

"One more thing. I am very proud to announce that Hogwarts has been chosen to host the Tri-Wizard tournament this year." gasps and breath intakes scattered across the room. "Without further ado, from France, the ladies of Beauxbatons Academy!"

The doors opened once again, as about two dozen girls, all dressed in blue whilst some in white, came dancing in.

They had butterflies and light while they pranced down the hall to soon stand at the front. They were followed by quite a large woman as well.

Across the hall rang Ron's voice, "Blimey! That's one big woman!" there was a scatter of laughs as we continued to watch them arrive.

The boys of the school could not remove their eyes from the girls and suddenly many of the Beauxbaton students were receiving glares from the girls of Hogwarts. I scoffed and turned to face Blaise and Draco who seemed to be ignoring the girls.

Blaise was faced to Pansy as she was glaring at one girl who had been watching Blaise. I quickly met grey eyes once more and then turned away, and though there were many beautiful girls in the hall, I was quite happy inside that he didn't pay them any attention.

They were all too prissy for me and I knew no one there anyway.

That is until I recognized two of them.

My cousins, Genevieve (right) and Annabella (left)

My cousins, Genevieve (right) and Annabella (left). I stood and whistled as they passed and they quickly waved to me before finishing their routine.

"You know them?" I felt Draco tug at my sleeve.

As I sat back down I nodded and watched them as they danced, "They're my cousins. Gen and Bella."

Before he could continue, Dumbledore stood once more, "And now our friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrung."

For the last time, the door opened and about two dozen boys entered the hall. They walked in carrying sticks as they began to bang them against the ground. They were doing flips and stunts all whilst they were blowing fire.

The majority of the girls were eying the boys but I was honestly just intrigued with their stunts

The majority of the girls were eying the boys but I was honestly just intrigued with their stunts. Following them was another student, someone familiar, who walked beside an older man.

"Krum!" "It's Viktor Krum!" all throughout the hall rang as many heads turned to face the last student.

He was indeed the last student who had walked in. He quickly met my eyes then turned away to admire the many others.

Beside me, Draco had gripped the bench quite hard, so I silently slipped my hand over his drawing shapes on the back of his hand. He relaxed and turned to the front without meeting my eyes.

This was going to be an interesting year.