0.1

I should've never trusted you.

You should never let your guard down. People will take advantage of you from the slightest hint of vulnerability you show. You were never smart enough to see it though.

Being in a new environment meant you had to be extra careful, especially in high school. You got to school early so you wouldn't run into any trouble.

There was some slight confusion in your face when you saw the school again. Yesterday you were surprised at the building being so small, you couldn't believe there was an actual genius studying here.

It made sense, some people didn't want to stand out in a bigger, popular school. But just thinking about it more had it make no sense at all.

Having enrolled the day before, today was now your first day of class. You were a bit of nervous but had to stay calm in order not to mess with the plan.

Once you a notice a few students heading inside you decided to do the same, not wanting to stand in the heat any longer. The first thing you saw, like yesterday, was the lockers but you didn't know what they were for until you saw the same students using them.

They were switching their shoes out. You sweat dropped, looking down at your feet to see you were already wearing the school shoes. At least you know now, you kept a mental note to clean your shoes when you get home.

In truth, this was your first time at a Japanese High School. You didn't listen to your mentor when he told you the differences in school rules. You know at least that they have a news bulletin board, so you went ahead for it a few feet up ahead.

Unfortunately, there was nothing. You were looking for the student names and their classes. There was a frown on your face and now you felt dumb for not checking before. But now what? The person you were looking for was now going to be harder to find.

"Hello, you seem lost."

The voice to your right caught your attention. You turned to see a girl who's uniform was neatly flat-ironed and unlike the rest she wore a red armband.

You couldn't form any words and kept starring. "Are you looking for something?" She slowly asked, peeking the board.

"My...class." You finally spoke.

"Oh well you must be new. I can certainly help. I'm Aki, the school's president." Aki introduced herself. No wonder, everything about her looked formal.

Speaking about looks, you couldn't deny the fact that Aki had quite similar facial features as you. It was even creepier that she had the same colored hair and eyes. A person without their glasses would've mistaken the two of you as twins.

You were glad your hair was much longer, down to your waist as Aki had hers very short.

You fell out of your thoughts when you notice Aki had her hand out. You looked her and back at her hand, was Japan really this mature to have teenagers shake each other's hand?

There was a bit of silence, and you struggled to pull your hand out as well. Just a couple centimeters away you were this close to touching her. Cautiously, you clasped her hand and in an instant she gripped it lightly.

"What's your name?"

"Y/n." You answered out of shock. Aki shook your hand as you did nothing and she let go right after.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. Now if you follow me I can surely help find out what class you're in."

You almost forgot that's the lie you came up with. She gestured you to follow her, you couldn't help but oblige.