Chapter 4: Acropolis

Start from the beginning

"Ah, there you are, I've been looking for you, my little friends." 

       Pulling out of my backpack were two devices that I had managed to make within the time I had available towards myself. One was shaped like a detonator with a manual trigger and a purple energy capsule in front to be used for explosives, while the other mechanical device had an appearance of a prototype tactical grenade used by some militaries. These two devices were neither of what they appeared but were instead a means of teleporting transportation and have named it the Gersh A-like, a homage to its superior predecessor. As the gadget looked like nothing compared to the Gersh Device, I had hardly tried to paint over my makeshift teleporter to make it look pretty, as I feared that the wet paint would tamper with the mechanism within the entire device because I wasn't too keen on turning myself into human mash potatoes whenever I'm using a poorly painted device. 

        Though the Gersh A-Like was inferior to the original one

        Though the Gersh A-Like was inferior to the original one. I had at least made one redeeming quality for the Gersh A-Like like a built-in scanner. Planting the orb-shaped contraption firmly into the snow-covered ground I reached for my other device. Stepping away from the first Gersh A-Like, I went back to where I was last standing with the rest of Cordus. 

"Do you have the coordinates, Erik?" I asked the strongman in our group. 

"Always had it in my hands when we left the mansion," He said passing me the paper. Grabbing the said piece of paper, my eyes scanned the entire sheet from top to bottom as I grasped the information that was elegantly written by Adelle. I glanced back to the first instruction given to us beforehand as it was in bolded letters to read. 

- 37.9715° N, 23.7257° E. 

           Upon reading this message, I heeded no time in scanning the coordinate numbers, as we were working in a small window of time and any second wasted was each a step forward for "impending doom" as quoted by Adelle. As I was scanning the coordinates, Erik started to cough into his hand which is a sign when he wanted to ask me a question if I was busy.

"I'm all ears, Erik what do you want?" I said willing to hear him speak.  

"Where do you think we're teleporting to? The U.S or South America?"