Chapter 8 - Merriment

Recommended Songs:

Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood

For forever - Ben Platt

Two Birds - Regina Spektor

Warning: Slight shipping (Logicality), wholesomeness.

"Logan!!!" A voice shouted, close to Logan's ear. He opened his eyes to slits and became aware of the stabbing pain in the chest. It felt like someone had stuck a thousand needles in his chest. Logan took in the room; it was a mostly clean room with a lot of bright lights. Patton picked up Logan and hugged him closely. "After you started yelling at Roman, you fainted. I brung you over here." Patton said, not letting go of his tight embrace. "Are you okay? The floor was pretty hard..." Logan wiped his face. "No... Is Roman okay? I remember hitting him..." Logan said guiltily. Patton released the hug and looked at Logan. "Logan... You never hit him." Patton's face was filled with worry. "Oh... I didn't? Good." Logan replied. So what happened then? Can I even trust myself?  "Anyways, are you okay Patton?" Logan asked. If I ask about his issues he doesn't need to know about mine.  Patton got up. "I'm fine now, I appreciate the effort Logan. I appreciate it a lot." The smile came back. The smile that was fake. The smile that Patton hid behind. 

Logan watched as Patton started to walk away. Logan clutched Patton's arm as he was just about to leave. "Logan?" Patton asked, glancing back at Logan. "Patton. We need you." Logan said, yanking Patton back. "You are morality. Everyone looks up to you. You get to make most of Thomas' decisions." Even if I should be making decisions too.  "Thomas would be lost without you." Logan continued. "We have to help you. Thomas wouldn't be able to function if we just leave it." Logan sat Patton down again and stared him in the eyes. Patton fiddled with his hoodie he put around his neck. "Logie... Must I?" He squeaked out. "Why me?" Patton asked, breaking eye contact. Logan sighed, but he knew he couldn't push it too much. Dammit sensitivity.  Logan held out his arms. "Pat, want a hug?" Patton practically jumped at the chance. He tackled Logan in a hug, sending both of them to the floor.

Patton's laughter filled the air, entwined with Logan's laughter. At the moment the only thing in the world for both of them was each other; nothing else mattered. They just lay next to each other, staring at each other with joy. Logan got up and pulled Patton with him. Once Patton was stabilised Patton brought Logan closer by yanking Logan's tie. They had a stare down, a couple inches away from each other's face. Logan could feel Patton breathing. Is Patton going to... kiss me?  Logan felt a warm blush spread over his face. The moment seemed to stretch on forever. Patton leaned in... and grabbed Logan's glasses. Patton pushed Logan away. "Oof!" Logan's breath was knocked out of him as he fell onto the floor. "Got ya glasses!" Patton teased. "Patton! Give them back!" Logan said, getting up of the floor and trying to tackle Patton. "Never!!" Patton's face was filled with mischief as he was chased around the room. The only thing that mattered was each other. All the previous problems were forgotten as they chased each other across the room. 

"I'm gonna step on them!" Exclaimed Patton mischievously. "Don't you dare!" Logan exclaimed, tackling Patton. Unfortunately he missed because he didn't have his glasses on. He fell onto the floor. "Hah! I bamboozled you!" Patton said, smiling. Can I trick him into giving my glasses back?   "Oh no! I can't get back up!" Exclaimed Logan. "You're going to have to help me Patton!" Logan grinned; a purely mischievous smile. Patton leant down to grab onto Logan's arm. Logan grabbed Patton's glasses. "Hah! I got your glasses now!" Logan quickly got up, smiling. "That's not fair!" Exclaimed Patton, lunging for the glasses. Logan held it above his head, just above where Patton could reach. Patton stretched out his arms. "How are you so tall?" Patton jumped up, but could not reach Logan. "Trade?" Logan asked. Patton looked petulantly at Logan. "Fiiine." He held out Logan's glasses. Logan took his glasses and gave Patton back his glasses.

Patton smiled and looked at Logan. 

"Do you want to play a board game Logie?"

"Sure Pat, but I'll win!"

I love this, this is so wholesome. Don't worry, the angst will be back :) :] :>

Logan's Breakdownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें