74- TELL US EVERYTHING, DAD

Começar do início

"Why?" I asked. I knew it would eventually come out but I didn't think it'd be soon. As soon as I saw him, the emotions TJ managed to suppress revived again. But that was all I could ask at that point.

"Why what? What's going on Sam?" Dad said, standing up to walk to me. I shook my head.

"No, just stay back! Please." He obliged, stood still and stared at me.

"Okay, calm down, Sam. It's obvious you're troubled about something but at least have your seat and let's talk things out." He persuaded. I inhaled and obeyed him. He walked back to his seat, sat down and leaned forward.

"What's going on?" He asked softly. I sighed.

"I want to know everything." I said, fixing my stare on him. His eyes widened a bit.

"Okay." He drawled. "Everything about?"

"Everything about you, mum and all your high school friends!" I exclaimed. "What happened? What have you and Charles Brown promised to never mention again?!" I watched as my dad leaned back in shock.

"Wait, hold up, Sam. Who told you all these?" He asked, shock written all over his face.

"It doesn't matter!" I yelled all of a sudden. "I want to know the truth!" Dad placed a hand on his forehead then moved it to his chin. He was literally uncomfortable.

"Alright." He sighed. "I'll answer your questions. But your siblings have to be here. Guess it's about time, anyway." He muttered the last statement under his breath but I heard him.

"Why do they have to be here?" I asked, angrily. Was he stalling?

"Because it matters to them too." He said and picked up his phone.

"Paul, I need you to bring my kids to my office. Samantha's here though." He paused for a while. "No, don't bother, thanks."

"Promise me you'll tell us the truth!" I persisted.

"Yes, Sam, yes!" He rubbed his face with his palms. Gradually, I saw stress crawling into his face. I didn't want to imagine how I also looked as I waited anxiously for my siblings to arrive. A lot of scenarios played in my mind and it was then I remembered Theresa. Oh Theresa! At that point, I almost regretted storming here. I should have probably told Theresa first. But the deed was done already. I was tired of everything!

After what seemed like forever, I heard a soft knock.

"Come in." Dad called, weariness evident in his voice. For a man so charismatic, I didn't expect this. Gradually, I was getting even more scared.

Paul walked in first, followed by Theresa, Melody and a frowning Cory.

"What's going on?" He immediately asked. "I was almost done with my assignment before Paul hurried me out of my room. Had to complete it in the car. I do hope it's important!" He eyed me a bit, then his eyes went to dad.

"Wait, what's going on here?" Theresa held his arm, probably to make him keep quiet because it did make him keep quiet.

"Um, what's going on?" Theresa asked. Paul excused himself immediately.

"Guys, please have your seats." Dad said. My siblings obliged. However, Melody didn't take a seat opposite dad like we did. Instead, she walked over to him and placed herself in front of him. And like some unwritten rule, dad lifted her to his laps.

"Uh okay?" Cory mumbled. Dad sighed.

"Guys, before you finally get to hear all I have to say, I want you to know that whatever happened, we were young then and we had no idea what was going to be the consequences of our actions."